The Postdoctoral Fellowships call for proposals has opened on 22 June 2021 with a deadline of 12 October 2021.
Over 300 European institutions have already published calls on the EURAXESS portal for Expressions of Interest inviting candidates to apply for an MSCA-PF with the support of their institution.
What is the MSCA-Postdoctoral Fellowships about?
The aim of the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships is to equip postdoctoral researchers with complementary professional skills for their future careers through the implementation of a personalised research project. International, interdisciplinary and intersectoral mobility is the central element here.
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and who wish to acquire new skills through advanced training, international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility. MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships will be open to excellent researchers of any nationality.
The scheme also encourages researchers to work on research and innovation projects in the non-academic sector and is open to researchers wishing to reintegrate in Europe, to those who are displaced by conflict, as well as to researchers with high potential who are seeking to restart their careers in research.
Follow this link to learn more details about MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Fellowships will be provided to excellent researchers, undertaking international mobility either to or between EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries, as well as to non-associated Third Countries. Applications will be made jointly by the researcher and a beneficiary in the academic or non-academic sector.
Who is eligible?
Researchers of any nationality and from all scientific disciplines with a doctoral degree and a maximum of 8 years of full-time post-graduate research experience at the time of the submission deadline are eligible to apply.
Where can I carry out the Fellowship?
European Postdoctoral Fellowships are available at a host institution in any of the 27 EU Member States or at a host institution in any of the countries that will be associated to the EU's Horizon Europe Framework programme.
The mobility rule applies to all applicants: they may not have lived or worked in the host institution’s country for more than 12 months in the 36 months prior to the submission deadline.
Postdoctoral Fellowships either can take place in Europe (i.e. in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country) or in a Third Country not associated to Horizon Europe:
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to researchers of any nationality who wish to engage in R&I projects by either coming to Europe from any country in the world or moving within Europe. The standard duration of these fellowships must be between 12 and 24 months.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to European nationals or long-term residents who wish to engage in R&I projects with organisations outside EU Member States and Horizon Europe Associated Countries. These fellowships require an outgoing phase of minimum 12 and maximum 24 months in a non-associated Third Country, and a mandatory 12-month return phase to a host organisation based in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country.
Specific eligibility conditions apply to MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships in the research areas covered by the Euratom Research and Training Programme 2021-2025.
MSCA-PF Info Flyer India
The EU Delegation to India has prepared comprehensive flyers that outline the scope and modalities to participate in the MSCA - Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) for European Fellows (Indian nationals interested in pursuing research in Europe) and for Global Fellows (e.g. Europeans interested in pursuing research in the world/India). The flyers can be accessed at the bottom of this page under Attachments.
- 22 June 2021: Launch of the call for proposals
- 12 October 2021: Deadline for submitting proposals
- February 2022: Notification of call results to applicants (TBC)
- May 2022: Grant agreement signature for successful projects (TBC)
- April 2022: First EU-funded projects start (TBC)
EUR 242 million
How to apply
Learn about the next steps to apply for funding under this call
Full call details
For all official details of this call, follow the link to the Funding & Tenders Portal.
Guide for Applicants
Click Here guide_for_applicants_-_msca_pf_2021.pdf (577.06 KB)
Watch our MSCA-PF European Hosting Offers Webinar Series here: