The CLEAR-Doc COFUND Doctoral Fellowship Programme aims at attracting at Université Gustave Eiffel 30 promising PhD Students from around the world working in the field of the "City of tomorrow".
Two Annual international Calls for applicants
- 15 positions in 2022 and 15 Positions in 2023
- 36 months full time position
- Transparent and merit-based international selection process
- Attractive salary and research package for the PhD student
- Excellent supervision
- Mandatory international secondment(s)
Apllication Deadline: 21 March 2022
Six Curricula to address the challenges of the "City of Tomorrow"
CLEAR-Doc will stimulate and improve the existing institutional doctoral programme and foster excellence in PhDs' inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary training, mobility and career development. This doctoral programme focuses on all research areas related to Cities including living conditions and mobility through 6 thematic fields :
- C1 Civil engineering for carbon-neutral urban areas
- C2 Safety, security and risk management within the city
- C3 Technology enhanced solutions for smart cities
- C4 Service design for future sustainable cities
- C5 Sustainable urban life and tourism
- C6 Circular economy for urban citizens
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled so that the application can be evaluated by the Selection Committee. Applications not meeting all the criteria will not be evaluated and will be rejected. Applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- At the time of the call deadline, applicants must be in possession or finalizing their Master’s degree or equivalent/postgraduate degree.
- At the time of recruitment, applicants must be in possession of their Master’s degree or equivalent/postgraduate degree which would formally entitle to embark on a doctorate.
- Applicants in possession of their Master’s degree at the time of the call for applications deadline must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career (career breaks excluded) and not yet been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must fulfil the transnational mobility rule: incoming applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call for applications deadline.
- One application per call per year is allowed.
- Applicants must be available full-time to start the programme on schedule (October 2022).
Application rules are enforced by the French doctoral system which specifies a standard duration of 3 years for a full-time PhD together with the MSCA standards and the OTM-R European rules as follows.
Citizens of any nationality may apply to the programme. Uni Eiffel is a 'refugee-welcoming organisation' following the Science4Refugees initiative. There is no age limit. For further information, the applicant may refer to the Guide for applicants (download here).
To access the online application process, please click here. The Platform will open from 10 January 2022 until 21 March 2022, 5.00 pm (Paris time).