We are pleased to announce 15 PhD research positions within the MSCA-ITN-ETN CLIPE (Creating Lively Interactive Populated Environments)
CLIPE ( http://clipe-itn.eu/ ) is a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network in the framework of Horizon 2020, starting on March 1st, 2020 with a four-year duration. The network consists of 9 universities/research centers and 5 industrial partners.
The primary objective of CLIPE is to train a generation of innovators and researchers in the field of virtual characters simulation and animation. Advances in technology are pushing towards making VR/AR worlds a daily experience. Whilst virtual characters are an important component of these worlds, bringing them to life and giving them interaction and communication abilities requires highly specialized programming combined with artistic skills, and considerable investments: millions spent on countless coders and designers to develop video-games is a typical example. The research objective of CLIPE is to design the next-generation of VR-ready characters. CLIPE is addressing the most important current aspects of the problem, making the characters capable of:
- behaving more naturally;
- interacting with real users sharing a virtual experience with them;
- being more intuitively and extensively controllable for virtual worlds designers.
To meet our objectives, the CLIPE consortium gathers some of the main European actors in the field of VR/AR, computer graphics, computer animation, psychology and perception. CLIPE also extends its partnership to key industrial actors of populated virtual worlds, giving students the ability to explore new application fields and start collaborations beyond academia.
Starting date is by September 2020. For more information about the project can be found in the attached file, and in the project web site: http://clipe-itn.eu/
- A multidisciplinary research network with the possibility to work in different research centres and top industrial partners across Europe.
- Full-time PhD scholarships for 3 years with a very competitive (gross) salary comprising of: mobility allowance of 600 EUR/month, family allowance of 500 EUR/month (depending on family status) in addition to the living allowance of 3,270 EUR/month.
Please note that the total gross salary amount will be in line with EU requirements, which may vary between countries. For more information, please contact the relevant contact person for each position, as indicated in the table below.
- not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country where the PhD takes place, for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date;
- be in the first 4 years of their research career and not have a doctoral degree (The 4 years are measured from the date when the applicant obtained the degree which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a PhD);
The applicants need to contact directly the person in charge of each host institution (see the table in http://clipe-itn.eu/announcements.html )
If you fulfil the eligibility requirements, please contact us via email as soon as possible Please, also attach a detailed Curriculum Vitae including undergraduate/ postgraduate degree results and a list of publications (if any).
Applications will be studied as they are received until the positions are filled.
Web site for additional job details
For more details click here.