The Research Council of Norway (RCN) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) have started a program funding Sino-Norwegian joint research. The aim of the bilateral cooperation is to contribute to world-class scientific research results in the field of sustainable agriculture, food security and food safety, and integrated multi-stressor impacts on ecosystems.
A budget of up to NOK 40 million in total will be available from the RCN for allocation in Norway, and matching funding is available from NSFC for allocation in China. The application submission deadline will be on 25 April 2018. More information on the application can be found here. See the Chinese call here: http://www.nsfc.gov.cn/publish/portal0/tab442/info72793.htm.
The joint call is a follow-up to the cooperation agreement between the two national research councils that was signed during Prime Minister Erna Solberg’s visit to China in April 2017.
The funding is meant to strengthen already on-going research activities and is available for the topics below:
- Food security and sustainable agriculture, including plant health and plant protection, animal health and sustainable exploitation of plant genetic and other natural resources
- Food safety and public health, including antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and pesticide residues in food and feed
- Technological innovations to support climate smart and environmental friendly agriculture
＊Integrated multi-stressor impacts on ecosystems
- Projects integrating several (at least two) different stressors
- Systematic methods for selecting and quantifying major stressors on an ecosystem or geographic area
- Causes, drivers and interactions between stressors
- Methods for mapping and quantification of combined effects
- Development of models and scenarios for elucidating stressors and relationships
挪威研究理事会将出资4000万克朗，中国国家自然科学基金委员会也配套相应的资金。此次项目申请的截止日期为2018年4月25日。更多关于项目申请的信息可点击这里。 中文项目指南请点击: http://www.nsfc.gov.cn/publish/portal0/tab442/info72793.htm.
生物化学和细胞生物学领域的研究人员Research Technician in Biochemistry and cellular biology - Location: Split, Croatia. The Longevity and Rejuvenation group in the Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences (www.medils.hr/) invite applications for the position of Research Technician in biochemistry and cellular biology. The group leader is very familiar with Chinese culture and encourages Chinese researchers to apply! Deadline: 20 March 2018.
法国：里尔大学博士学位 France: PhD at the University of Lille - The university of Lille (France) is looking to fill a three-year PhD position in solid state NMR spectoscopy of catalysts to be started from July 2018. They are interested in receiving applications from Chinese researchers. Deadline: 15 June 2018.
更多业内学术活动Other activities of interest
ENRICH在中国－网络研讨会－“中欧科研创新合作：欧洲视角” ENRICH in China - Webinar - "EU-China R&I Collaboration: The European Perspective". 15 March 2018. Includes an overview of EU-China R&I Cooperation, information about funding opportunities in Horizon 2020 and information about the Co-funding Mechanism from the Chinese side.
研讨会：《乌托邦与现代性》Seminar : "Uptopia and Modernity", Global China and the Future of Capitalism Seminar series. Organised by CEFC in Hong Kong, 15 March 2018.
研讨会：《本地历史、同性恋的现代性：香港同性恋人群的阶级差异》Seminar: « Local history, Queer Modernity - Class Differences Among Gay Men in Hong Kong » - Time: 4:00 - 5:30pm, 22 Mar 2018. Place: 20/F, Wanchai Central Building, 89 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, CEFC Hong Kong