The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
The start date is between September 1st, 2020 and October 1st, 2020. Up to 5 (post-)doctoral stipends are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months) and are based at the Zukunftskolleg.
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa (broadly defined).
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows
What is offered?
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS). It offers fellowships as well as a diverse support network to promote the independence of early career researchers. Researchers at the postdoctoral level perform research without administrative constraints and have the freedom to engage in meaningful exchange with other up-and-coming colleagues and with distinguished senior researchers. Scholars in the humanities, social and natural sciences come to Konstanz from across the world to perform first-class research. The Zukunftskolleg is a keystone in the University of Konstanz's institutional strategy to promote top-level research. The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
Deadline: 28 February 2020.