PEARL stands for Programme for Early-stage Researchers in Lille. This doctoral programme coordinated by the Foundation I-SITE ULNE is intended to contribute to structuring research in and around Lille, notably by funding 30 international PhD students who will carry out research in line with the subject fields of the Graduate schools currently under construction.
PEARL will follow the "3i" of a MSC Cofund projects thanks to interdisciplinary research projects, international research placements in partner universities and intersectorial secondments in companies for the PhD students.
In this call, the programme is offering 13 prestigious PhD positions co-funded by the European Commission and the I-SITE ULNE Foundation. Only 13 positions among the 16 listed below will be funded. A web link for every PhD project will redirect you towards more detailed information.
- Mobility rule: Applicants from all countries are eligible. However, you cannot apply if you have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies)1 in France for more than 12 months during the 3 years immediately preceding the call deadline (03/31/2018 - 03/31/2021).
- As Early-Stage Researchers (ESR) you shall be, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation (on September 1 st ), in the first four years of your research career and not have been awarded a doctoral degree yet. The four years start to count from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate.
- You must have a master’s degree or equivalent university degree (with respect to the requirements of the host institutions and the regional doctoral school) earned no more than 4 years prior to the call deadline (March 31, 2021) and in hand by the start of the PhD contract (before August, 31 2021).
- Selected PhD students will have to move to France and own a French postal address during all the duration of the thesis.
In the framework of this doctoral programme, as fellows, you will have the opportunity to pursue your research in a dynamic environment. The students will participate in innovative training sessions, international conferences, networking sessions with fellows from different fields and weeks dedicated to exploring the opportunities offered by companies, regional authorities and associations.
Secondments with non-academic partners and/or foreign research units will be mandatory for all after-mentioned research projects.
Alongside your research activities you will be helped by the programme management team for any information and support related to your move and your stay in France.
As Marie Skłodowska Curie fellows, you will receive a net PhD salary (≈ €1,600) alongside a monthly lump sum to cover your mobility, family and travel costs (= €530).
Available PhD positions:
- - MATisSE - Development of an instrumented microfluidic culture system to study tumour-stroma interaction and drug sensitivity of pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- - FlaxTronic - Micro-Electronic Assisted flax dew retting
- - TOPAZ - Assessing the toxicity of plastic fragments on zooplankton ecology via video tracking and behavioral analysis
- - FLIRBATTEX - Flexible fabric-based fire retardant batteries for applications in smart textiles
- - PASSAGE - PhArmaceutical Solid State devices AGainst diabetEs worsening
- - TFClass - Leveraging multi-omics data to implement a Transcription Factor Classifier
- - CID - Catalysis Inducing Diodes for sustainable chemistry
- - PERIL - Development and improvement of a PERifusion chamber for the analysis of hormonal secretions of Islets Langerhans and evaluation of the metabolism of the cell
- - POMADE-CoV - Porous materials for the capture and the decomposition of coronaviruses
- - RIMED - Rewiring programmed cell death and Inflammation via Modulation of ERK signalling Dynamics
- - METEOR - Dimensionality engineering of heteronanostructures
- - SOCIETAL_WEB_TRACKING - The Societal Impact of Omnipresent Invasive Tracking on the Web: A rigorous study of the technologies, challenges, risks, defences and user perception of Web tracking.
- - OSCAR - Optimal techniques for Smart grid Charging of Autonomous electrical vehicles with Renewable energy sources
- - MOLTEN - Integrated Biomass Fractionation and Platform Molecules production with Lignin Valorization
- - MusQUA - MUlti-scale processing of Spatio-temporal data applied to air Quality in Urban Areas
- - SENESIMEX - Computer Simulation and Experiments of Radio-Induced Cell Senescence
Deadline: 31 March 2021.