The European doctoral program in Energy and Environment EDENE is an ambitious multidisciplinary, intersectoral and international project over a period of 5 years offering quality training to a total of 30 international and highly-qualified doctoral students in these fields. Its ambition is to create a working dynamic around innovative subjects on these topics in all disciplines covered by the University of Pau et des Pays de l'Adour (UPPA).
Through this First Call for Projects, CALL#1, EDENE will allow 10 excellent researchers to develop their talent beyond the Master, via a project of their choice, while being integrated in the best teams of UPPA and possible partners. Motivated candidates are asked to define their own research project in cooperation with their host unit at UPPA, so they can develop a successful cooperation in term of research, excellence and career development.
We seek outstanding candidates with a clear passion for research and who are excited by the opportunity to provide future solutions for energy and the environment. These highly-motivated candidates will be able to undertake a PhD project in all areas of energy and the environment, connected to the research priorities of the University’s host laboratories. Fellows will benefit from both UPPA academic supervision and external co-supervision if a partner is chosen. Requirements:
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply, however applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years preceding the PhD start date (09/2021)
- Entrance requirements: candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) with outstanding records
- English language requirements: non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of linguistic proficiency
- Required competencies: Applicants are expected to show outstanding commitment connected to the research priorities of the laboratories.
- Number of PhD Fellowships: Ten doctoral fellowships are available [monthly net salary before taxes = 1555 €, with other diverse allowances for mobility, conferences...]
- Employer: Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA)
- Start: September 2021 - Duration : 36 months
Deadline: 31 March 2021.