Building upon the success of the DIRS project, the 6i-DIRS project is the second COFUND Doctorate Programme awarded to the University of Deusto through the European Commission´s Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action. 6i-DIRS aims at recruiting outstanding Early Stage Researchers for high doctoral training to generate interdisciplinary, international and intersectoral projects and dissertations, support and broaden their career prospects, and promote their social contributions in line with the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers and the EU Principles for Innovative Doctoral Training.
The 6i-DIRS project, running from October 2019 until September 2024, offers 19 highly competitive fellowships of 36-month duration.
- 5 Interdisciplinary Research Platforms aligned with European and global Challenges: Ageing and Wellbeing; Cultural and Creative Industries, Cities and Regions; Gender; Social Justice and Inclusion; and Strengthening Participation;
- 4 Interdisciplinary Areas aligned with the Basque Smart Specialisation Strategy on Health, Energy, Industry 4.0 and Territory.
- Applicants of any age and of any nationality are eligible;
- Eligible applicants are Early Stage Researchers, i.e. shall be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree;
- Eligible researchers are required to undertake transnational mobility and shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
- Eligible applicants must be holders of:
- An official Master’s degree in a field relevant to the position offered and the PhD programme
- An excellent academic record (grades of B or higher)
- Advanced command of English (minimum C1 or equivalent)
Deadline: 5 March 2021.