Are you interested in a two-year postdoc stay in Europe with EU funding to work on your dream project? Then the highly prestigious MSCA Individual Fellowships should be on your radar.
The 2020 call opened on 8 April (with a deadline on 9 September 2020) and finding a host is the first step for all eligible applicants.
How to look for a supervisor in Europe to host your MSCA individual fellowship?
Latin American and the Caribbean-based researchers interested in doing an Individual Fellowship in Europe can apply for a Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual European Fellowship (more at http://bit.ly/MSCAIF2020, call here).
To apply for the fellowship the researcher has to secure the support of a research organisation in Europe that is willing to host him or her for the duration of the MSCA IF fellowship. The host institution can be public or private, from the academy or not.
1. EURAXESS Hosting portal
Interested candidates that do not yet have a partner organisation in Europe may search for organisations wishing to host foreign candidates for the 2020 MSCA-IF Call on the EURAXESS Hosting portal following the link below:
Many hosting offers include the option of attending a master class to support candidates in the proposal preparation!
Examples of recent hosting offers (Expressions of Interest - EOI) in Europe from our database:
University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain): https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/hosting/short-term-stays-and-support-msca-if-2020-candidates
Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain - Belgium): https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/hosting/hosting-offers-marie-sklodows...
45 Individual Fellowships opportunities available in Luxembourg !
Organisations from Luxembourg (public or private) expressed an interest in hosting postdoctoral researchers for a wide range projects, with intensive support in grant writing from our National Contact Point, Luxinnovation. Luxinnovation support includes helping applicants to find a host institute that matches their interests, personalised training on proposal writing, reviewing of proposal before submission and help with administrative and legal questions. Full details here and offers here
2. Net4Mobility+ EOI
The network of the National Contact Points for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA NCPs) is also offering support in finding a European host and partner. You can find ‘Expressions of Interest’ (EOI) for researchers who are looking for a partner institution for MSCA projects, or for host institution for MSCA fellowships or MSCA fellowship positions published on their website.
3. Explore your own network, ask your supervisor
4. Look at the Partner seach tool on the Funding & Tender Portal here
- Here you can find host offers from German institutions for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships 2020.
- Researchers interested in an MSCA IF in Ireland should:
- Think of a research and training project
- Identify a suitable supervisor in an irish HEI: more information is available here: www.iua.ie/ourwork/research-innovation/university-research/
- Contact and obtain the approval of the supervisor
- Contact the research office at the University, the supervisor can put them in contact.
- Check Resources, Events & Training here: https://www.iua.ie/for-researchers/marie-sklodowska-curie-actions/resour...
- Researchers interested in an MSCA IF in Poland can check compiled hosting offers here: Hosting offers from Poland for the MSCA Individual Fellowships in H2020 (1.75 MB) .