Ikerbasque - the Basque Foundation for Science, has launched a new call offering 20 positions for postdoctoral researchers. These positions are financed by the Basque Government, the European Commission and the host institution where the researcher will develop his/her research: therefore the acceptance letter of the host institution is mandatory.
These five year Fellowships are directed to promising young researchers; they are intended to offer a track towards a Principal Investigator (PI) role and independent research. The selected Fellows should be able to acquire the necessary skills for a research leader role. Ikerbasque is committed to offer a long-term career to the research community: Fellows in their 5th year can be assessed for a permanent position.
Who? The applicants must have their PhD completed between 01/01/2010 and 31/12/2018.
- 5 year employment contract including full social security.
- 40,000 € gross annual salary. There is also a moving allowance up to 4,000 € for researchers that come from a foreign research institution.
- 10,000 € start-up funding for the research costs.
- After the 5 year period the Research Fellow can obtain a permanent position as a Research Associate.
- Applications from women are especially welcomed. The eligibility period will be extended under special circumstances such as maternity.
Basque research host institutions, research groups and infrastructures can be found at www.science.eus
Deadline: 10 March 2021.