Horizon 2020 calls be extendedSource: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/news/horizon-2020-calls-be-extended
The recent escalation of restrictions related to the COVID-19 outbreak may hamper applicants’ ability to prepare and finalise high-quality proposals. For this reason, for Horizon 2020 calls with original deadlines between now and 15 April, extensions will be applied. The precise new deadlines for each call and topic will be published on the call and topic pages on the Funding and Tenders Portal.
For the following two calls, no extension of deadline/cutoff date will apply:
In all cases, potential applicants are advised to prepare themselves as necessary, especially by establishing effective communication links for remote collaborative work, also anticipating possible further restrictions in the coming weeks.
Corona Virus: Consequences for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) projects and related activitiesSource: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/news/corona-virus-impact_en
- The Commission understands that the current containment measures taken at national level may have consequences on MSCA projects.
- This may concern the regular mobility activities of MSCA fellows and other project staff as well as the participation of individuals in meetings and events organised by beneficiaries in the framework of MSCA projects.
- To respond to these uncertainties, the European Commission is applying the maximum flexibility in the implementation of the programme, within the limits of the applicable legal framework.
- The Research Executive Agency (REA) has informed all project coordinators about the possibility to invoke the “force majeure” clauses: REA will assess the circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
- Project coordinators should liaise with their Project Officer as soon as possible to notify them of the situation and receive support.
- The Commission is monitoring this situation very closely and will adopt any additional measure that may become necessary.