The University of Torino, with the support of the European Commission and the banking foundation Compagnia di San Paolo, has launched “PhD Technology Driven Sciences: Technologies for Cultural Heritage (Tech4Culture)”, a new doctoral programme in “Heritage Sciences” specifically focused on technologies applied to Cultural Heritage.
Tech4Culture aims to create experts able to develop technological solutions for the restoration, the diagnostics, the use and promotion of cultural heritage, with a direct impact on both regional and national research systems. The project pays particular attention at involving key sectors and companies in the non‐academic field and at providing excellent training to PhD students for the acquisition of transferable skills.
The present Second Call for Applications to the Tech4Culture PhD Programme offers up to 10 fellowships for transnational incoming early stage researchers.
Tech4Culture Call for Applications is open to candidates of any nationality and age that respect the eligibility rules. To apply to this call and be eligible to be awarded a Tech4Culture fellowship candidates must comply with all the following requirements at the date of the call deadline:
- Candidates must hold a Master Degree or equivalent qualifications.
- Candidates must be in their first 4 years of full time equivalent research experience (career break information given by the applicants in their applications will be taken into account).
- Candidates must NOT hold a PhD.
- Candidates’ research proposals must fit in with the research areas of the Call for Applications. Research proposals off topic will be considered not eligible. (Research areas are listed in the Guide for Applicants)
The contract scheme provided for Tech4Culture fellows will be the Research Grant (“Assegno di ricerca” – art. 22 L. 30/12/2010, n. 240) with a duration of 36 months.
Each Research Grant will include the following categories of expenses:
- living allowance: corresponding to the gross salary paid in monthly instalments to fellows, inclusive of all social security coverage as previously specified;
- mobility allowance: it covers fellows’ expenses linked to their mobility (i.e. relocation, family expenses, travel expenses);
- family allowance: it will be offered to fellows with family obligations at the date of the call deadline (marital or equivalent status and/or charge of children).
Deadline: 7 May 2019.
More information here.
Tech4Culture is funded under the H2020‐MSCA‐COFUND 2016 scheme.