ELITE-S is Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action for new intersectoral training, career development and mobility fellowship programme based at the ADAPT Centre (DCU), in Dublin, Ireland. It aims to form the next generation of thought leaders in ICT; developing research, technical and other skills, including the ability to actively interact, collaborate and engage with industry.
The Programme will offer 16 prestigious two-year fellowships for incoming mobility across two calls over the 60 months duration of the programme. Fellowships will be targeted to experienced researchers (ER) and will be offered in the four core research areas:
- Regulations and Compliance,
- Content Analytics and Content Preservation,
- Data and Process Management,
The ELITE-S programme will offer excellent quality in the selection of researchers, and high quality training, supervision and training in transferable skills. ELITE-S applicants will have the freedom to choose their own research topic, their supervisor and their secondment host. The ELITE-S programme is designed as a full research training and career development programme, with a series of training and career development activities and opportunities offered to the Fellows.
- Have a Doctoral degree or 4-year Full-time research experience;
- Applicants must at the time of the call deadlines, possess a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent (FTE) research experience in academia or industry. FTE research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- Be of any nationality or gender;
- Be a researcher with career breaks or; Be a researcher with non-traditional career path (research experience and no doctoral degree) or; Be a researcher at Risk (Researcher displaced by conflict);
- NOT have resided or carried out their main activity in the Republic of Ireland for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to call deadline
ELITE-S Fellows will be researchers who are technically strong in their own discipline, and capable of performing high-value, interdisciplinary research, complementing and supporting their peers.
Deadline (extended): 15 July 2019.