The Brazilian National Council of State Funding Agencies – CONFAP and the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) invite researchers from Brazil to pursue research collaborations with Principal Investigators already supported through EU-funded European Research Council (ERC) grants.
With this call, Brazilian researchers in a wide range of scientific fields have the possibility to carry out research visits and temporarily join ERC teams in Europe. Research visits shall start in the second semester of 2019 and can be either performed on a more extended timeframe (i.e. lasting 6 to 12 months) or be divided in multiple and shorter visits, i.e. to perform joint experimentation or similar research activities.
Eligible researchers from Brazil will continue to receive their salaries and/or scholarship according to their institutional terms and conditions. The Brazilian State Funding Agencies participating in the present call or CNPq will provide support for travel expenses.
Who may apply?
- Active researchers from Brazil (based in all states), holding a PhD, who are implementing research activities within Brazilian universities, institutes or research centers.
- Additional eligibility criteria may be requested by the supporting Funding Agencies, which shall, in such cases, publish specific guidelines.
How to apply?
Eligible researchers must register on the online portal here. They will then be able to access information about the ERC grantees that expressed interest in hosting scientists from Brazil in their research teams. The Brazilian researchers are responsible for agreeing on the details of their research stay with the ERC grantee and then submit their formal proposal on the dedicated portal mentioned above.
The pre-selection of the scientists is done by the Brazilian funding agencies, without any ERC intervention (neither in the selection criteria nor in the selection procedure).
- Contact for assistance and support: email@example.com.
- This call is launched in the framework of the European Commission (EC) - Confap implementing Arrangement (2016) and the Administrative Arrangement between the DG RTD of the EC - CNPq-FINEP-CONAP (2018). More about the legal framework here.
- More information on ERC grants, check out EURAXESS focus on ERC for Brazilian researchers here
- More information on "ERC teams open to the world": https://erc.europa.eu/managing-your-project/set-and-develop-your-team
- Check Prof Barone's experience in an ERC team in Europe: