The postdoc to research LEADer programme (LEAD) will recruit two cohorts of eight international postdoctoral fellows to the Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC), University of Copenhagen (UCPH). The programme is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement no. 945322.
Participating in the LEAD programme will provide you with tools and insight to identify and overcome the obstacles for pursuing a career as a research leader in either academia or industry/biotech. LEAD will offer you an outstanding framework to conduct top interdisciplinary biomedical research that can advance your research fields, but at the same time support, nurture and challenge you to develop excellent research leadership competences and transferable skills, and to support your strategic career development.
The eligibility requirements consist of precise and objective criteria. In addition, a complete set of application material submitted through UCPH’s online application system in due time is required to be eligible.
- International mobility: Applicants can have any nationality, but must undertake transnational mobility according to the MSCA rules (must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Denmark for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline). Also, applicants employed at UCPH for more than three months before the application deadline will be considered ineligible.
- Education and research experience: Applicants must hold a PhD degree followed by up to eight years of experience from for example academia, clinic, industry or biotech. Exceptions to the eight years-experience criteria are made for applicants with prolonged career breaks due to parental leave, illness or mandatory military/civil service (documentation required as part of the application). Therefore, all applicants who have not yet defended their PhD or have more than 8 years after their PhD will NOT be considered eligible.
- 36-months fully paid fellowship with a competitive postdoc salary and full social benefits
- An international work environment with focus on collaboration and creative research approaches
- Modern research facilities and infrastructure
- Interdisciplinary project opportunities and close interactions with physicians at BRIC and the neighboring University Hospital
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry and to get involved in exploitation of research results
- Training program in research governance, leadership, creativity, entrepreneurship etc.
- Specialized peer and career mentoring programme
- Extended network in the EU-LIFE alliance of 15 top European life science research centers
- Being part of a thriving life science environment in the medicon valley with a high number of universities, university hospitals, biotech and pharma industry (https://mva.org)
- Location in Copenhagen, being rated as a city with high quality-of-life
- A postdoc and student association offers network and social activities.
- Help from BRIC and UCPH with visa applications, onboarding, family support, spouse programmes etc.
Deadline: 1 October 2021