The COFUND FP-DYNAMO-PARIS program offers a unique interdisciplinary environment and a fundamental research initiative in the center of Paris. The goal of the research program is to integrate knowledge on gene expression, structural and membrane biology, and bioenergetics in bacteria, chloroplasts, and mitochondria in the general context of improving our understanding of the biogenesis of energy-transducing membranes. These studies will involve cutting-edge technologies including structural biology (NMR, X-ray crystallography, and CryoEM), RNA sequencing, mass-spectrometry, synthetic biology, microfluidics, computational modeling, and visualization.
Positions Available - Genetics, Genomes and RNA
- Genome evolution and post-endosymbiotic innovations in diatoms
- Study of photosynthesis and its regulation in diatoms
- Methylation of the translation apparatus
- RNA maturation
- Ribosome quality control in Yeast
- Telomeres at the crossroads of oxidative signaling and the control of cell proliferation
Talented researchers who have a PhD degree or equivalent (R2 recognized researchers) at the recruitment date AND. They need to have research experience in the field relevant tot the call.
Applicants must comply with a mobility demand: Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in France in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment date. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Exciting work in a dynamic team of researchers with backgrounds in different disciplines across biology, chemistry, physics, and computational science.
- Convivial, international environment in a human-sized atmosphere on the Montagne St-Genevieve campus, in the Latin quarter of Paris.
- A 2-year contract with a competitive salary, starting at around 2500€ after taxes (for a candidate with less than 2 years of post-doctoral experience)Mentoring programs to support career development.
- Development of personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses, opportunities for career and personal development.
How to Apply?
All the candidates need to submit their application via CNRS Portail Emploi, to go to CNRS website click “APPLY” next to the name of the project in the section ‘Fellowship topics’ or click on Euraxess link. In addition we kindly ask you to send your documents mentioned below to email@example.com:
- CV (in English)
- Motivation letter describing short and long-term scientific and careers goals
- Research theme(s) (with the name of the PI) you are applying for
- A minimum of 2 reference letters
- Signed statement that you are in compliance with the Mobility rule
Application deadline: October 14 2022