SCIENTIA FELLOWS is a research fellowship programme in the field of Health Life Sciences launched and managed by the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Oslo. It is partly funded by the EU Horizon 2020 under the Maria Sklodowska-Curie scheme – Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND).
SCIENTIA FELLOWS II is a continuation of the EU FP7 SCIENTIA FELLOWS I (2013-2019) programme and has as its goal the stimulation and promotion of the training and career development of experienced researchers (post-doctoral) through transnational mobility to leading research environments in Health Life Sciences.
SCIENTIA FELLOWS II is committed to support researchers by providing them excellent research environment with opportunities for career development of new - both research and transferable - skills. The programme supports innovation activities and cross-sectoral collaborations. All this contributes to the advancement of researchers’ careers and increases their employability.
The programme provides two types of fellowships:
- Incoming – for post-doctoral researchers from all over the world (who have not resided or carried out their main activity in Norway for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the Call deadline) willing to conduct their research work at the University of Oslo. Length of the fellowships varies between 12-36 months.
- Outgoing – for post-doctoral researchers, who apply to work as a seconded/visiting researcher in a host organisation outside Norway (provided that they have not resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to Call deadline), and to continue with a second phase at the University of Oslo. Length of the fellowships varies between 12-24 months outside Norway and 12 months in Norway).
Deadline: 11 May 2021
- Experience: You must possess a PhD degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience since obtaining your university diploma, with reference date being the call deadline. In the latter case, the research experience is measured from the time when the researcher obtained a degree allowing them to embark on a doctorate. This experience must be documented by the employment contracts or equivalent.
- Mobility: Mobility requirements depend on the chosen fellowship scheme. In both cases, in order to be eligible you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the Call deadline.
- Complete application: For the technical requirements and mandatory attachments, please read "Guide for applicants".
Note: be reminded that Applicants may be asked to present proof of the above, such as certificate of residence or other evidenceE