Are you eager to perform cutting edge basic research in an international environment? Do you want to push the frontiers of science and work with supervisors and colleagues that are among the best in the world?
IST-BRIDGE supports excellent postdoctoral researchers with a broad and diverse scientific portfolio and provides them with the tools and support structures to maximize the chances for breakthroughs and build the strongest foundation on which discoveries can emerge. IST-BRIDGE features a bottom- up approach throughout the whole program: fellows are free to propose any research topic within or cutting across the scientific fields represented on campus (Biology, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Data and Computer Science, Physics and Chemistry). IST-BRIDGE will recruit 60 fellows over 5 globally-advertised calls (approximately 12 per call).
- International, Interdisciplinary, and Intersectoral fellowship program
- 2-year, fully funded postdoctoral position (optional extensions for placements/secondments)
- Profiled competency training: 4 flexible ‘career-tracks’
- Optional BRIDGE placements and secondments
- ‘Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow’ title – internationally recognized mark of research excellence
- All research fields supported at IST Austria are eligible (see https://ist.ac.at/en/research).
- At the date of the respective call deadline, applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) or have at least four years full-time equivalent research experience and anticipate the completion of their PhD degree before the start of their fellowship (should be no later than 01/06/2022). A fellowship contract will not be issued until a copy of the diploma/proof of successful defense is provided.
- Applicants cannot have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Researchers already employed at IST Austria at the call deadline are not eligible to apply.
- If successful, fellowships should commence between 01/03/2022 and 01/06/2022.
Application Process: Overview
- Create an account at apply.app.ist.ac.at
- Verify your account by following the instructions contained within the email sent to you.
- Complete the application by entering all required information and uploading all required documents (more information on this below).
- Submit your application.
Your application must contain all required information and documents (including the reference letters from your referees) and have been submitted to our online system by 14:00 CET on the date of the application deadline.
Applications that are incomplete or ineligible will not be considered by the selection committee.
Deadline: 5 November 2021