Are you eager to perform cutting edge basic research in an international environment? Do you want to push the frontiers of science and work with supervisors and colleagues that are among the best in the world?
The IST-BRIDGE program at Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) offers fully funded (two-year) postdoctoral fellowships for highly qualified candidates who have completed or will soon complete their PhD or equivalent in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics or any related discipline. IST-BRIDGE postdocs’ careers will be enhanced by a flexible ‘career-tracks’ training program and optional non-academic secondments, placements in ISTA research support units, and academic secondments to outstanding international BRIDGE Network partners.
Research projects covering all fields at IST are welcome - this includes theoretical and experimental research in Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Information and System Sciences. Check the Research Areas and Supervisors. In the case of interdisciplinary research projects, a secondary host may also be nominated.
- At the date of the deadline, applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience and anticipate the completion of their PhD degree before the start of their fellowship (which should not be later than ~7 months post-deadline – see guide for applicants). A fellowship contract will not be issued until a copy of the diploma/proof of successful defense is provided.
- Applicants cannot have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Researchers already employed at ISTA at the call deadline are not eligible to apply.
Benefits of an IST-BRIDGE fellowship
- International, Interdisciplinary, and Intersectoral fellowship program
- 2-year, fully funded postdoctoral position (optional extensions for placements/secondments)
- Profiled competency training: 4 flexible ‘career-tracks’
- Optional BRIDGE placements and secondments
- ‘Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow’ title – internationally recognized mark of research excellence
Application Process: Overview
- Download and carefully review the Guide for Applicants
- Create an account at apply.app.ist.ac.at.
- Verify your account by following the instructions contained within the email sent to you.
- Complete the application by entering all required information and uploading all required documents (see Guide for Applicants).
- Submit your application.
Following application, top-ranked applicants will be invited for a remote interview (4-7 weeks post-deadline) with international Selection Committee members. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications no later than 3 months after the application deadline (including reserve list status where relevant).
Deadline: 5 May, 2022 (Next call deadlines: 5 November 2022, 05 May 2023 and, 05 Novembber 2023)