The spirit of the Program is to promote cooperation between international companies by means of promoting and providing funding support for industry-driven and close to market R&D Projects between Spanish companies in collaboration with entities (companies, research centers, universities, other R&D-performing organizations) of third countries.
- The project should be innovative aiming to lead to a new or substantial improvement of a product, process or service with clear commercial potential.
- The project must have equivalence of effort of R&D activities and resources on both countries.
- Duration of projects will be from 1 to a maximum of 3 years.
- The application will be strengthened by the participation of academic and institutional researchers as a component of the R&D project.
- Minimum Eligibility Criteria: one qualified partner from each country (1 Spanish Company + 1 foreign entity (company/research institution/university or other R&D-performing organization-).
In 2017 there are 2 Submission Dates for Full Application Form / Proposal under the Unilateral Programme:
Next Deadline: 23rd October 2017
 List of countries eligible under CDTI Unilateral Programme - SPAIN Programme for International Cooperation on Industrial R&D: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Pakistan, Peru, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, The Philippines, Tunisia, United States, Vietnam.