The COFUND FP-DYNAMO-PARIS programme (federating three major French Institutions such as the Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, the École Normale Supérieure and the Collège de France) offers a unique interdisciplinary environment and a fundamental research initiative in the centre of Paris. The goal of the research programme is to integrate knowledge on gene expression, structural and membrane biology, and bioenergetics in bacteria, chloroplasts, and mitochondria in the general context of improving our understanding of the biogenesis of energy-transducing membranes. These studies will involve cutting-edge technologies including structural biology (NMR, X-ray crystallography, and CryoEM), RNA sequencing, mass-spectrometry, synthetic biology, microfluidics, computational modeling, and visualization.
13 Post-doctoral fellows will have the opportunity of developing their research projects in a dynamic scientific environment covering three main research themes:
I) RNA biology from bacteria to chloroplasts,
II) Membrane system dynamics and
III) computational modeling of molecular assemblies.
Post-doctoral fellowships will start between 1 January and 31 May 2022
We offer two-year post-doc positions (one year with a renewal of one year) for 9 of the projects; 4 projects are funded for one year only.
Exciting work in a dynamic team of researchers with backgrounds in different disciplines across biology, chemistry, physics, and computational science.
Convivial, international environment in a human-sized atmosphere on the Montagne St-Geneviève campus, in the Latin quarter of Paris.
Mentoring programmes to support career development.
Development of personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses, opportunities for career and personal development.
· Highly motivated personality, with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team on scientifically challenging problems.
· Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
· Ambitious, creative with good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· You have a PhD or equivalent (R2 recognized researchers) at the recruitment date.
· You have research experience in the field relevant to the call.
· You must not have resided or carried out your main activity (e.g. work or studies) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the recruitment date.
· Application deadline : 17 November 2021 (Do not take into account deadline on CNRS website)
· To APPLY : http://labexdynamo.ibpc.fr/fp-dynamo-paris/