The EDENE programme will finance 10 PhD projects proposing innovative solutions for energy and the environment in the broad sense in the disciplines for which the UPPA, the Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, is recognized: in Sciences and Technologies and in Social and Human Sciences.
Deadline is 13 March 2023.
Fellowships are open to highly-qualified graduates from all fields of energy and the environment. We want to attract candidates who stand out for their scientific excellence and to whom we will offer scientific challenges that meet their expectations.
- A full CV (Template provided) that includes all personal information, education background, research activities (if any) and information about two referees
- Two Reference letters (in a single PDF file)
- The Research Project description (max. 5 pages – Template provided)
- The Supervisor’s commitment letter (Template provided). It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the Supervisor where he/she wishes to carry out his/her research project and to obtain the requisite commitment letter of acceptance signed by the Supervisor. In this letter, the Supervisor establishes a budget for research costs and undertakes to find funding for those research costs and possibly co-financing on salary.
- A personal statement(1-3 pages – no template – free writing) wherein the applicant introduces him/herself and presents his/her qualifications and achievements, and emphasizes his/her future goals and research focus.
- An ethical declaration (Template provided) to identify ethical matters related to the research proposal
- Copy of the Master’s degree or equivalent (ex: Engineer degree); for candidates with a Master’s degree in progress during the 2022-2023 academic year, please join marks and rankings corresponding to the first semester of the M2. These documents should provide comprehensive information regarding the degree obtained (or to be obtained) and must be translated if the document is not written in English
- Copy of a certificate or test of English language proficiency (for non-native speakers, a minimum B2 level in English is required)
- Copies of documents proving the date of entry into France (Visa, school certificate, certificate of residence, plane tickets, etc.) for candidates already in France in 2022-2023 ONLY
- Copies of a valid identity card (for EU citizens) or a valid passport (for visa application, if selected)
- A request for extension (Template provided), if applicable, with supporting documentation
Number of PhD Fellowships:10 doctoral fellowships are available (Net entry salary, before income taxes of ≈ 1 670 €)
Employer: Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA)
Start: 1September 2023 (Duration: 36 months)
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply. Please note: applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years preceding the PhD start date (1 September 2023) (supporting documents requested)
- Entrance requirements: candidates must hold a Master's degree(or equivalent degree) with outstanding records;
- English language requirements: non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of linguistic proficiency;
- Required competencies: Applicants are expected to show outstanding commitment connected to the research priorities of the laboratories.
- 1st step: Candidates have to contact the Research Laboratories from the UPPA in their field of interest, in order to find a supervisor and prepare their Research project https://recherche.univ-pau.fr/en/labs-and-expertise/research-laboratories.html
- 2nd step: before the call deadline of 13 March 2023, applicants must submit their Research project, previously reviewed with the host laboratory, on the E2S UPPA online platform
- 3rd step: candidates will be selected on the basis of the quality of their curriculum and the relevance of their project proposal. The selection of the best candidates will be carried out by committees involved in the different stages of the process
- Interview – the best-ranked proposals will be short-listed (up to 40) for interviews; the candidate will be invited to defend her/his project in front of the selection committee
- The candidate's marks and rankings during the selection process
- The candidate’s motivation, scientific maturity, and curiosity
- The adequacy between the research project and his/her skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility for the progress and the quality of the project