The second call of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions-funded Postdoctoral Fellowships scheme closed on 14 September 2022.
The European Research Executive Agency received 7,044 proposals. By comparison, 8 356 proposals were submitted in 2021 and over 1 200 were eventually selected for funding. From this year, resubmission restrictions apply for applications that received a score below 70% in the previous call.
This year’s submitted proposals are distributed as follows
- European Fellowships : 6,334 proposals
- Global Fellowships: 710 proposals
Through this call, the European Commission is expected to fund over 1,230 projects, with an indicative budget of €257 million.
Funding for top-notch researchers
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and who wish to acquire new skills through advanced training, international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility.
The scheme also encourages researchers to work on research and innovation projects in the non-academic sector and is open to researchers wishing to reintegrate in Europe as well as to researchers with high potential who are seeking to restart their careers in research.
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to excellent researchers of any nationality.
- October 2022 to mid-February 2023: Evaluation by the European Research Executive Agencyand external independent expert evaluators.
- Mid-February 2023: Notification of call results to applicants.
- By mid-May 2023: Expected signature of the grant agreement with the European Commission for successful projects
- Spring 2023: First EU-funded projects start. Projects can start at the latest up to two years after the call deadline (i.e. September 2024).