Call deadlines: 05/11/21 – 05/05/22 – 05/11/22 – 05/05/23 – 05/11/23
The IST-BRIDGE program at IST Austria offers fully funded (two-year) postdoctoral fellowships for highly qualified candidates who have completed or will soon complete their PhD or equivalent in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics or any related discipline.
IST-BRIDGE postdocs’ careers will be enhanced by a flexible ‘career-tracks’ training program and optional non-academic secondments, placements in IST Austria research support units, and academic secondments to outstanding international BRIDGE Network partners.
Benefits of an IST-BRIDGE fellowship
- International, Interdisciplinary, and Intersectoral fellowship program
- 2-year, fully funded postdoctoral position (optional extensions for placements/secondments)
- Profiled competency training: 4 flexible ‘career-tracks’
- Optional BRIDGE placements and secondments
- ‘Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow’ title – internationally recognized mark of research excellence
- All research fields supported at IST Austria will be eligible (see https://ist.ac.at/en/research).
- At the date of the deadline, applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience and anticipate the completion of their PhD degree before the start of their fellowship (which should not be later than ~7 months post-deadline – see guide for applicants). A fellowship contract will not be issued until a copy of the diploma/proof of successful defense is provided.
- Applicants cannot have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Researchers already employed at IST Austria at the call deadline are not eligible to apply.
Calls for proposals: IST-BRIDGE will recruit 60 fellows over 5 globally-advertised calls (approximately 12 per call).
Should you have questions on the IST-BRIDGE fellow application process,read the FAQ section or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process: Overview
- Download and carefully review the Guide for Applicants (below)
- Create an account at apply.app.ist.ac.at.
- Verify your account by following the instructions contained within the email sent to you.
- Complete the application by entering all required information and uploading all required documents (see Guide for Applicants).
- Submit your application.
Source: IST-BRIDGE Website