OFFER DEADLINE31/05/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra
DEPARTMENTEconomics and Business
Prof. Germano's research interests are in game theory and the political economy of the media, and has been published in various international journals. He is currently working on a project on digital media and internet economics, focusing on search engines, ranking algorithms and social media, and exploring how and to what extent these can contribute to social learning and a robust, widespread, high level of information in society.
Prof Germano is interested in sponsoring up to 2 post-doctoral students working in these areas:
- media economics
- political economy of the media
- social media
- internet economics
The call is directed to candidates in Economics, as well as from departments such as Machine Learning and Computer Science, or Communication and Journalism.
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae (5 pages max);
- A summary presentation of their research proposal (ca. 5 pages);
- A motivation letter (1 page)
- The contact information of two referees
Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than the 30th April 2018 to josep.niubo (a) upf.edu . The title of the email must be "MSCA application – Prof. Germano – your name and surname"
Proposals will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation. Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection 10 days after the deadline. The deadline for the submission of proposals to the Commission has been set for the 12th of September 2018.
Eligibility criteria according to the call:
At the deadline for the submission of proposals researchers:
- shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience;
- must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.