ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity College Cork
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/03/2018 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
The Restorative Department of the Dental School and Hospital are recruiting a Research Assistant for a 12 month period. The post holder will be required to assist with the design and distribution of a questionnaire to dental professionals. Following this the post holder will assist in data entry and management and dissemination of the findings of this research.
Post duration: 12 months
Salary: €21,674-€34,269 p.a. (IUA Salary Scale)
Project: EPA- Usage and Waste Management of Amalgam Dental Fillings
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work under the direction of the Principal Investigator/Project Leader.
- To provide assistance in conducting research activities, including planning, organizing, conducting, and communicating research studies within the overall scope of a research project.
- To coordinate and perform a variety of independent and team activities involved in the collection, analysis, documentation and some interpretation of information/results.
- To undertake tasks which may include recording results and preparing technical reports including conclusions and recommendations. To coordinate the development of forms, questionnaires and the application of qualitative and quantitative research techniques; write procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- To present information on research progress and outcomes to others responsible for the research project.
- To provide guidance as required to any support staff and/or research students assisting with the research project, as agreed with the Principal Investigator/Grant holder.
- Ideally to contribute to the publication of findings.
- To confer with the Principal Investigator in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- To perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
For full particulars on this post please refer to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/research/full-details-844897-en.html
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Dr Frank Burke
Title: Senior Lecturer/Consultant in Restorative Dentistry
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone: 00 353 21 4343000
Please submit a short cover letter outlining your suitability for the post and C.V. with the contacts of two referees, to Dr Frank Burke, Senior Lecturer/Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the closing date 2nd March 2018.
- A graduate qualification in a field of discipline relevant to the area of investigation i.e. BDS
- Some research experience is desirable- ideally questionnaire based
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Previous scientific writing experience is desirable
- Previous laboratory experience and practices are desired.
- Good analytical skills and computer skills.
- An ability to work independently to a tight schedule.
- Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results.
- Evidence of excellent organisational and communication skills.
- High levels of initiative are encouraged.
- Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 279188