Health and medical care In accordance with the Law, the foreigners employed in the Republic of Moldova on the basis of an individual employment contract, foreigners with permanent residence inRepublic of Moldova, as well as refugees and persons who received humanitarian protection have the same rights and responsibilities in the field of compulsory health insurance as citizens of the Republic of Moldova, in accordance with the current legislation. Foreigners who have the right to temporary residence on the territory of the Republic of Moldova are required to take out insurance on an individual basis, paying the compulsory health insurance contribution similar to citizens of the Republic of Moldova, who pay insurance fee of the compulsory health insurance, calculated as a fixed amount.
- The law stipulates that the insurance fee is required for the following categories of foreigners:
- foreigners – the holders of the right for temporary stay for afamily reunion;
- foreigners – the holders of the right for temporary stay for work activity;
- foreigners – the holders of the right for temporary stay for studies;
- foreigners – the holders of the right for temporary stay for implementation of the humanitarian or religious activities;
- foreigners – the holders of the right for permanent residence;
- persons who have the status of stateless persons in the Republic of Moldova.
The compulsory health insurance policies for foreigners are completed, released and accounted in the same way as for Moldovan citizens, according to the regulations adopted for the relevant law.
For more details on the compulsory health insurance on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, please, follow this link www.cnam.md
Information provided by EURAXESS Moldova