OFFER DEADLINE16/06/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad de Jaén
DEPARTMENTChemical, Environmental and Materials Engineering
Description of Hosting Institution (UJA – Spain)
Jaén University (UJA) was created in 1993 and is in the Top 50 of the world’s best young universities according to THE (Times Higher Education). This ranking analyzes aspects such as teaching, research work, the university’s international outreach, or integration into industry. Besides, the UJA has received the distinction of Campus of International Excellence in the fields of Agrifood (CEIA3) and Climate Change (CamBio), plus it also leads the Andalusian CEI project on historical heritage PatrimoniUN10.
Jaén University has five faculties (Social and Legal Sciences; Humanities and Education Sciences; Health Sciences; Experimental Sciences and Social Work) and two higher polytechnic schools for engineering (Linares and Jaén). In turn, these centers are organized into 35 departments. It also has three Postgraduate educational centers (Doctorate School, Advanced Study Center in Modern Languages and Postgraduate Study Center).
In regards to its research, there are several specialized centers at Jaén University (https://www.ujaen.es/servicios/ofipi/uja-ri-expertise). Besides, the full picture of the over 100 UJA groups covers the following research fields of expertise: Agrifood (AGR); Biology (BIO); Health (CTS); Social Sciences, Business, Law (SEJ); Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (FQM); Humanities (HUM); Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (RNM); Information and Communications Technology (TIC); and Engineering Production Technology (TEP).
As far the UJA hosting offer is concerned, Prof. Mª LOURDES MARTÍNEZ CARTAS (email@example.com) would be willing to host post-doctoral researchers that are eventually funded through the MSCA-IF 2020 call for applications to be part of the following research team: https://www.ujaen.es/servicios/ofipi/uja-ri-expertise/tep-138-bioprocesses
Our Research Group “Bioprocess” TEP-138 at University of Jaén (Campus of Linares) is working in various research lines, such as:
- Olive technologies
- Technological co-adjuvants in oil production
- Utilization of oil industry wastes and by-products
- Olive and olive mill biomass
- Treatment of oil industry wastewaters
- Production of polyunsaturated fatty acids using microalgae
These research lines have as central subject matter:
- Bioenergy: Bioethanol and Biodiesel
- Food Technology and Oenology
The research aims to introduce the prospective candidate in an advanced knowledge on the use of lignocellulosic and microalgal biomass, as important renewable resources to the energy production and other chemicals.
Selected the biomass, it will be a question of taking advantage integrally of the considered residue, determining the possibilities of production of biofuels and byproducts from the liquid fraction and the possibilities of energetic utilization by means of thermochemical processes of the solid fraction. The applicant would be incorporated into a project whose main objective will be the production of bioenergy: bioethanol, biodiesel and solid biofuels, considering other chemicals generated. Two routes to develop this aim are possible:
- From a certain species of microalga, to extract the fat fraction from profitable way and with this fraction, to generate alkyl esters by means of transesterification, that would give place to the biodiesel production and other chemicals. Different procedures to increase the yield of the process will be analyzed and the parameters involved.
- In case of working with lignocellulosic biomass, the target would be the integral reuse of the residue, producing ethanol from the liquid fraction after hydrolytic treatments and fermentation and determining the possibility of using the solid fraction as solid biofuel. The effect of variables implicated in the process will be studied. The resulting liquid will be analyzed to determine its content of simple sugars. It would be necessary to characterize the starting biomass and the solid generated after different stages of the process. The results analysis pretend determine which operating conditions allow for the mayor yield in the ethanol production and the best solid biofuel.
CV, Motivation letter and Summary of project proposal (250 words) should be sent by the offer deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information regarding the application requirements can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/msca-if-2020 & https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/individual-fellowships_en. Please, take into account that interested candidates should comply with the MSCA-IF programme mobility rule before applying: https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2018-2020/main/h2020-wp1820-msca_en.pdf.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.