OFFER DEADLINE14/06/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad de Jaén
DEPARTMENTHUM-167 Jaén Didactics
Description of Hosting Institution (UJA – Spain)
Jaén University (UJA) was created in 1993 and is in the Top 50 of the world’s best young universities according to THE (Times Higher Education). This ranking analyzes aspects such as teaching, research work, the university’s international outreach, or integration into industry. Besides, the UJA has received the distinction of Campus of International Excellence in the fields of Agrifood (CEIA3) and Climate Change (CamBio), plus it also leads the Andalusian CEI project on historical heritage PatrimoniUN10.
Jaén University has five faculties (Social and Legal Sciences; Humanities and Education Sciences; Health Sciences; Experimental Sciences and Social Work) and two higher polytechnic schools for engineering (Linares and Jaén). In turn, these centers are organized into 35 departments. It also has three Postgraduate educational centers (Doctorate School, Advanced Study Center in Modern Languages and Postgraduate Study Center).
In regards to its research, there are five specialized centers at Jaén University. Besides, the full picture of the over 100 UJA groups covers the following research fields of expertise (https://www.ujaen.es/servicios/ofipi/uja-ri-expertise): Agrifood (AGR); Biology (BIO); Health (CTS); Social Sciences, Business, Law (SEJ); Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (FQM); Humanities (HUM); Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (RNM); Information and Communications Technology (TIC); and Engineering Production Technology (TEP).
As far the UJA hosting offer is concerned, Prof. MARTA ROMERO ARIZA (email@example.com) would be willing to host post-doctoral researchers that are eventually funded through the H2020 MSCA-IF 2019 call for applications to be part of the following research team:
UJA hosting research group (https://bit.ly/2DSxyuF)
With a wide experience in international collaboration with researchers across Europe, the research team EI_HUM12_2017 integrates experts on Science and Mathematics Education with a background in teacher professional development and the development and evaluation of innovative resources and methodologies to improve science and mathematics learning.
The members of the research group have been actively engaged in different European projects such as:
- COMPASS: Common Problem Solving Strategies as Links Between Mathematics and Science. Available at http://www.compass-project.eu
- PRIMAS: Promoting Inquiry-based learning in Mathematics and Science Education Across Europe). Available at http://primas-project.eu
- Mascil: Mathematics and Science for Life. Available at http://www.mascil-project.eu
- PARRISE: Promoting Attainment of Responsible Research and Innovation in Science Education. Available at http://www.parrise.eu
- InclusMe: Intercultural Learning in Science and Mathematics Teacher Initial Education http://inclusme-project.eu
- MaSDiV: Supporting Mathematics and Science Teachers in Addressing Diversity and Promoting Fundamental Values http://masdiv-project.eu
Additionally, the person in charge of this offer, Dr. Marta Romero Ariza is a member of the Management Committee of the COST action for Environmental Citizenship (EC) http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA16229, which involves an extensive interdisciplinary research network working on the conceptualization of education for EC.
In line with current research activities within the group, several projects may be offered:
- Development and evaluation of educational resources and interventions to promote scientific literacy and critical thinking.
- Enhancing science learning in multicultural and diverse contexts.
- Evaluation of interventions to educate for Environmental Citizenship.
CV, Motivation letter and Summary of project proposal (250 words) by 14th June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information regarding the application requirements can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/individual-fellowships_en & https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/msca-if-2019.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.