OFFER DEADLINE14/06/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad de Jaén
DEPARTMENTRNM-350 Geobotany and Palynology Applications to the Natural Environment
Description of Hosting Institution (UJA – Spain)
Jaén University (UJA) was created in 1993 and is in the Top 50 of the world’s best young universities according to THE (Times Higher Education). This ranking analyzes aspects such as teaching, research work, the university’s international outreach, or integration into industry. Besides, the UJA has received the distinction of Campus of International Excellence in the fields of Agrifood (CEIA3) and Climate Change (CamBio), plus it also leads the Andalusian CEI project on historical heritage PatrimoniUN10.
Jaén University has five faculties (Social and Legal Sciences; Humanities and Education Sciences; Health Sciences; Experimental Sciences and Social Work) and two higher polytechnic schools for engineering (Linares and Jaén). In turn, these centers are organized into 35 departments. It also has three Postgraduate educational centers (Doctorate School, Advanced Study Center in Modern Languages and Postgraduate Study Center).
In regards to its research, there are five specialized centers at Jaén University. Besides, the full picture of the over 100 UJA groups covers the following research fields of expertise (https://www.ujaen.es/servicios/ofipi/uja-ri-expertise): Agrifood (AGR); Biology (BIO); Health (CTS); Social Sciences, Business, Law (SEJ); Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (FQM); Humanities (HUM); Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (RNM); Information and Communications Technology (TIC); and Engineering Production Technology (TEP).
As far the UJA hosting offer is concerned, Prof. ANTONIO GARCÍA FUENTES (email@example.com) would be willing to host post-doctoral researchers that are eventually funded through the H2020 MSCA-IF 2019 call for applications to be part of the following research team:
UJA hosting research group (https://bit.ly/2Fs1b6e)
Our research group 'RNM-350: Geobotany and Palynology, applications to the natural environment' addresses a wide set of topics related with the agroecology (mainly in the olive grove sector), aerobiology and phenology in anemophilous plant species, and biology conservation in Mediterranean ecosystems. Nowadays the group is formed by 11 scientists: Antonio García Fuentes (group leader), Luis Ruiz Valenzuela, Carlos Salazar Mendías, Juan A. Torres Cordero, Fátima Aguilera Padilla, M. Lucía Lendínez Barriga, Gemma Siles Colmenero, Juan Quesada Rincón, Francisco M. Marchal Gallardo, Juan J. Muñoz Rodríguez and Juana Nieto Carricondo.
Our group has participated in several books and book chapters, as well as numerous publications, many of them listed in ISI Web of Science.
More information can be found at:
Some publications of the group members:
- Peinado-Fernández, Alejandro; Torres-Cordero, Juan Antonio; Siles-Colmenero, Gemma; Garcia-Fuentes, Antonio. 2017. Ensayo en condiciones de campo y jardín experimental de dos especies con interés en la restauración de cubiertas herbáceas en Olivar: Leontodon longirrostris (Finch & P.D. Sell) Talavera y Erodium cicutarium (L.) L¿Hèr. Comunicaciones Científicas Simposium Expoliva 2017, 1-8. Edit. Fundación para la Promoción y el Desarrollo del Olivar y del Aceite de Oliv.
- Ruiz-Valenzuela, Luis; Aguilera-Padilla, Fátima. 2015. Trends in the spring temperatures and phenological features of the olive trees in the province of Jaen (1993-2012). El Aceite de Oliva. Comunicaciones presentadas al XVII Simposio Científico-Técnico de Expoliva 2015. ISBN: 9788493890056.
- Ruiz-Valenzuela, Luis; Aguilera-Padilla, Fátima. 2018. Trends in airborne pollen and pollen-season-related features of anemophilous species in Jaen (south Spain): A 23-years perspective. Atmospheric Environment, 180:234-243. Índice de impacto (ISI): 3.708. Índice de impacto (SCImago): 1,523. Cuartil (SCImago): Q1
- Lorite-Moreno, Juan; González-Robles, Ana; Salazar-Mendias, Carlos; Peñas-De Giles, Julio. 2018. Morphometric study of the complex Moehringia sect. Pseudomoehringia McNeill from the western Mediterranean. Plant Biosystems (in press).Índice de impacto (ISI): 1.203. Índice de impacto (SCImago): 0,538. Cuartil (SCImago): Q2
- Siles-Colmenero, Gemma; Torres-Cordero, Juan Antonio; Ruiz-Valenzuela, Luis; Garcia-Fuentes, Antonio. 2016. Germination trials of annual autochthonous leguminous species of interest for planting as herbaceous cover in olive groves. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 217: 119-127. Índice de impacto (ISI): 4.099. Índice de impacto (SCImago): 1,686. Cuartil (SCImago): Q1
- Garcia-Fuentes, Antonio; Torres-Cordero, Juan Antonio; Ruiz-Valenzuela, Luis; Lendínez-Barriga, María Lucía; Quesada-Rincon, Juan; Valle-Tendero, Francisco; Veloz-ramírez, Alberto; León, Yolanda M.; Salazar-Mendias, Carlos. 2015. A study of the dry forest communities in the Dominican Republic. Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências, 87:1, 249-274. Índice de impacto (ISI): 0,717. Índice de impacto (SCImago): 0,343. Cuartil (SCImago): Q1
We are interested in reinforcing our currently active research lines:
- Phytosociology: Cartography and restoration of vegetation. Study and restoration of riparian vegetation, studies on vegetation succession, research on tropical flora and vegetation (Caribbean and Central America)
- Palynological and phenological studies on Mediterranean species: analysis of temporal trends, yield forecasting models, relationship between airborne pollen, environment and allergies prevalence.
- Ecologic agriculture and farming. Improvement on both the olive oil production and quality in relation to the use of natural plant cover.
- Plant conservation biology of Mediterranean flora
- Study of pastures and weeds: bioindicators, diversity and floristic composition, pastural value.
Research and services
- Study of local pollen levels. Identification of airborne pollen.
- Prediction of olive harvest through airborne pollen studies.
- Reforestation and recovery of degraded and eroded areas.
- Conservation and recovery of flora and vegetation of river banks & wetlands.
- Studies on groundcovers floral composition and land management in woody crops.
- Analysis and classification of vegetation.
- Study of endemic, rare and threatened plant species.
CV, Motivation letter and Summary of project proposal (250 words) by 14th June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information regarding the application requirements can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/individual-fellowships_en & https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/msca-if-2019.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.