OFFER DEADLINE05/07/2020 16:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
DEPARTMENTInternational Research Proposal Support Unit
Professor Nancy Babio and Professor Jordi Salas-Salvadó established at Human Unit (http://www.nutricio.urv.cat/ca/) from of the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology at Universitat Rovira I Virgili (Tarragona, Spain), are interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska – Curie Individual Fellowship (MSCA – IF) 2020 call. Selected candidates will receive dedicated support from our group to write a successful proposal.
The overarching goal of our project is to analyze the potential determinants of seminogram parameters including food and nutrient intake, physical activity, sedentarism, tobacco and alcohol use and presence of persistent organic pollutants and to assess potential age-related mechanisms including sperm DNA methylation profiles, leucocytes and sperm telomere length and oxidation.
For the Marie Curie IF call of 2020, we are looking for postdoc(s)
- PhD degree in Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Biology, or other biomedical science
- Background and experience in human epidemiology and statistical analysis, human nutrition studies and data interpretation would be desirable
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Interest in multi-disciplinary research,
- Self-motivation, independence and flexible working attitude and scientific expertise needs to be demonstrated by international publications, ability to motivate staff are positively evaluated.
We are looking for talented and innovative young scientists, strongly committed to high quality frontier research and able to add new insights to the existing URV core expertise. Only candidates with an outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals will be considered.
URV as Hosting Institution located at Scientific Campus of Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain), has all the technical and scientific facilities for carry out this project.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) is well positioned both nationally and internationally due to the Excellence of its research and the commitment and internationally recognised staff. URV is made up of 12 Faculties and Schools, with 24 Departments, which welcome annually 11.400 undergraduate, 1.500 master and 1.200 PhD students (20% of them full time employees). In 2019, it was named World’s 78th Best Young University aged less than 50 years and 401-500 Best University in the World (by Times Higher Education World University Rankings), and 501-600 by Academic Ranking of world Universities. Being the within the top 10% universities in number and impact of its publications is a clear measure of the quality of the research we can offer to the future MSCA-IF fellows.
Testament to the quality of its research is the fact that URV is host for around 100 MSCA fellows, in different programmes (COFUND, ITN, IF), displaying a strong bond to the principles of the MSCA programme.
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals (09/09/2020), researchers:
- Shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience;
- Must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A summary presentation of their research proposal / A motivation letter
Expressions of interest must be submitted to email@example.com (Title of the e-mail “URV- MSCA - IF - Prof. Nancy Babio - Jordi Salas”).
Proposals will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation. Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection a week after the deadline.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.