OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYHuMix (application management through Luxinnovation)
HuMix is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
The project aims at investigating the impact of physiological (healthy and disease) conditions to identify novel interactions and molecular disease influencing mechanisms on the interplay between microbiome and human host, and validating the mechanisms for therapeutic applicability.
- PhD in the field of biological sciences (biology, biomedical science/engineering, pharmacology or related fields)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must
- 2+ years professional experience in a scientific laboratory setting
- Experience with microbiology and cell culture techniques
- Good aseptic techniques and compliance procedures for good Laboratory Practice is essential
- Ability to solve technical problems and maintain technical equipment
- Experience with bioinformatics modelling and analysis of multi-omics data (including combinations of genomic, transcriptomic and metabolic data)
- Well-structured and autonomous working style, good organizational, teamwork and communication skills
HuMiX Biosciences s.a.r.l. is building a platform for target identification and disease mode of action for colorectal cancer and GUT inflammation The validated in vitro gut model termed HuMiX allows us to study microbiome - human host interactions. As fee for service lab in discovery and preclinical R&D, HuMiX aims to provide (bio)pharmaceutical companies with key microbiome–host interactions that allow identification and development of tailored anti-cancer combination therapies and inflammation therapies.
Close collaboration to one of the leading microbiome labs in the heart of Europe.
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
- cell culture
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.