OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYDatabourg (application management through Luxinnovation)
Databourg is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
- The main goal of the project is to research and develop machine learning algorithms for environmental monitoring applications such as precipitation and space weather monitoring. For this purpose big data from Satellite networks will be available.
- PhD in Mathematics/Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Atmospheric Science, Meteorology, Physics, Water Engineering or related quantitative domains. With Strong grasp of machine learning algorithms for time series analysis.
- PhD in Maths/ Statistics /Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related quantitative domains.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages such as Matlab, Python, R and Java.
- Experience with Machine Learning and data processing libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Pandas, etc.)
- Strong grasp of machine learning algorithms for time series analysis such as LSTM, Deep Learning, GAN,...
- Experience with SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) or other database management systems.
- Strong intellectual curiosity about the science, engineering, and business disciplines.
Databourg Systems SARL-S is a fast growing start-up company created as a spin-off from University of Luxembourg, SnT Centre in 2017. The company is developing innovative technologies for environmental monitoring and Data Analytics using data form SatCom Networks.
- Flexible working hours.
- No bureaucracy, you have the freedom to bring good ideas and implement them.
- Opportunity to attend scientific conferences and workshops related to your work.
- Opportunity to work on and solve real world problems using scientific approaches
- Opportunity to build and lead the Data Analytics team.
- A fantastic place to work in Luxembourg City Incubator, “The place to be...”
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
- Data Scientist, Machine Learning Researcher, Signal Processing Researcher, Atmospheric Science Researcher, Earth Observation Researcher Data Scientist, Machine Learning Researcher, Signal Processing Researcher, Atmospheric Science Researcher, Earth Observation Researcher, meteorologist
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.