OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg (application management through Luxinnovation)
DEPARTMENTDepartment of Engineering (D.o.E)
The University of Luxembourg, Department of Engineering (DoE) is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
- The “Laser Technology Competence Center” (LTCC) is aimed to support the structural change of national economy by developing, communicating and teaching laser process knowhow related to “laser joining of dissimilar materials”. The LTCC at the University of Luxembourg has the mission to develop innovative laser process knowhow, to explore novel opportunities of this versatile production tool and to support mainly, but not exclusively, national industry with a pre-competitive communication platform. We cooperate with industrial and academic partners to create scientific insights gained by systematic investigations related to cutting-edge laser manufacturing technology. We focus on Laser joining of dissimilar materials. Until now we have investigated joining of numerous combinations of Cu, Al and Ti; We researched different polymers like POM, PA, PBT, and laser joined heat sensitive, sintered materials.
- Since 2014 the “Robotix Academy”, a consortium composed of university from Luxembourg, Lorraine, Saarland and Wallonie, educate Master and PhD students. This virtual academic network enables us to support industry from the Greater Region with well-educated engineers and at the same time provide them with cutting edge technology related to industrial robots. UL research projects focus on the application of industrial robots in assembly operations, which derives numerous scientific questions like peg-in-hole, detection of constraints, 3 dimensional path tacking, Human-Robot-Cooperation, path planning. Especially low-volume manufacturing applications of customer specific products provide the framework of our research topics.
- The “Operational Excellence” team investigates value creation in supply chain networks. We educate engineering students in Value Stream Management (VSM) and use this method as starting point to consult companies to identify sources of inefficiencies and waste. Our research concluded in the ISO standard 22468, which enables to use VSM beyond physical manufacturing processes also in administrative and virtual processes. Research projects deal with value stream optimization in Supply Chain Networks (SCN). For example we investigate circular economy and remanufacturing processes. Most projects are supported with digital twins of manufacturing processes.
- In the pursuit of excellence, we are looking for PDR candidates with a self-starting personality.
- We provide the opportunity to contribute to one of the teams mentioned above both in education and research to shape a solid basis for a successful career.
- The ideal candidate should be able to prove the experience in leading and acquiring research projects.
- Next to English language proficiency either German or French is mandatory.
The University of Luxembourg is the most international university [THE, 2018] in the heart of Europe. The Department of Engineering (D.o.E) consists of 21 professors from mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and computational with over 50 PhD students. This inter¬disciplinary and multilingual research team provides a sizzling atmosphere of a young, ambitious and growing team. Inside the group and also more generally inside the D.o.E. we have a very lively research and training atmosphere. People with their different scientific expertise interact.
- We offer an excellent network both in international academia and industry
- The UL ME team has well-equipped research labs.
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
- laser welding of dissimilar materials
- Industrial robots
- Industry 4.0 => value stream management VSM
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.