OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYCryptoLux (application management through Luxinnovation)
DEPARTMENTUniversity of Luxembourg
LABORATORYInterdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust
CryptoLux is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
We are running two project: FinCrypt (till 2022) related to privacy and scalability of blockchains and Sparkle (till 2022) related to the NIST competition on Lightweight Cryptography. Candidate can contribute to one of these projects or we can define a new research topic together with the candidate.
Specific research areas and keywords:
- Design and cryptanalysis of symmetric cryptographic primitives
- Cryptocurrencies, zero-knowledge proofs, blockchain
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Side-channel attacks and countermeasures
- White-box cryptography
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
Cryptolux is a team of about 10 cryptographers and security researchers interested in applied cryptography, cryptanalysis, privacy, network security, cryptographic blockchains and is led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. Cryptolux is affiliated with Computer Science Department of the University of Luxembourg and with the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT).
- One or two-year employment contract which may be extended up to five years based on performance
- The University offers highly competitive salaries by European standards and is an equal opportunity employer.
- You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a large IT security-focused research center (>300 people, frequent international speakers, seminars).
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
- Applied cryptography
- Cryptanalysis, ciphers, hash functions, authentication, eID, blockchain
- Distributed ledger
- Payment channels
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.