OFFER DEADLINE01/09/2018 12:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Project Office
DEPARTMENTPromotion & Advisory Unit
Professor Miguel Martín, from the Department of Mathematical Analysis at the University of Granada, welcomes postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF) in this university. Applicants must comply with the Mobility Rule (more information in the participant guide: http://sl.ugr.es/097k).
IEMath-GR is a mathematics research institute located in Granada (Spain). It was selected in November 2007 as one of the four physical locations of the Spanish Institute of Mathematics (IEMath), in a competitive public call, which also selected the Centre de Recerca Matemática (CRM) in Barcelona, the ICMAT in Madrid (ICMAT) and IEMath-Galicia. IEMath-GR is now part of the University of Granada as a local Research Institute. The Institute is an instrument for the mathematical community, in order to enhance and spread the knowledge in mathematics. To develop this task, the Institute receives visitor researchers in collaboration with local or national researchers, and hosts different kinds of math events: Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Advanced Courses, etc.
Starting formally its activities in March 2013, more than 120 researchers have enrolled the institute since its inception, including internal and external members; a full list can be found at http://iemath.ugr.es/members/
The research developed in IEMath-GR is done along many different areas of Mathematics as Differential Geometry, PDEs, Functional Analysis, Statistic, Modelization, Geometric Analysis… The research proposed in the present project is set in the area of Functional Analysis, more concretely in the Geometry of Banach spaces in the frame of a research group formed by more than 10 active researchers in the field. More information can be found in http://banach.ugr.es/datos_inicio/
Title: “Geometric techniques in the study of operators on Banach spaces”
This project is mainly devoted to study operators between Banach spaces through geometric methods. Moreover, the project also deals with the study of geometric and algebraic properties of Banach spaces. We are focused on the following basic topics:
- Optimization of operators and functionals: operators attaining the norm, Bishop-Phelps-Bollobás property, compact operators attaining the norm, Bishop-Phelps-Bollobás modulus, proximinality and Read’s norms.
- Numerical range and Daugavet like properties: numerical range with respect to an operator, numerical index of an operator, Daugavet centers, numerical index and second numerical index.
- Geometry of the unit ball of a Banach space: diameter two properties, Radon-Nikodým property, nice operators and spaces, slicely countably determined spaces.
- Lipschitz operators and functionals: Geometry of the unit ball of spaces of Lipschitz functions on metric spaces and their preduals (the so-called free spaces), Lipschitz operators and functionals attaining the norm, numerical range of Lipschitz operators.
More information about the current objectives and recent results can be found in the web page
On the other hand, the proposal is open to the study of any topic inside the geometry of Banach spaces which would be of common interest.
- Mathematics (MAT)
For a correct evaluation of your candidature, please send the documents below to Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of recommendation (optional)