OFFER DEADLINE01/09/2018 12:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Project Office
DEPARTMENTPromotion & Advisory
Professor Miguel Ortega Sánchez, from the Department of Hydraulic Engineering at the University of Granada, welcomes postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF) in this university. Applicants must comply with the Mobility Rule (more information in the participant guide: http://sl.ugr.es/097k).
The Environmental Fluid Dynamics Group is a team with six professors and more than twenty people including Post-Docs, PhD and master students working in the fields of maritime structures, modeling of marine and atmospheric climate, physical processes on beaches, deltas and estuaries, and coastal management. The impact of climate change projections on these environments is one of the main topics we are presently working on.
In the last 15 years the Group was the base of training over forty people (e.g. from Portugal, Italy, England, Mexico, Uruguay), and more than twenty five obtained the PhD Degree. Furthermore, the Group hosts Post-Doc researchers from other countries, funded by their countries or the EU and sabbatical visitors.
Considering the state-of-the-art of our fields of expertise and the different topics that we are currently involved in, the projects are:
- Development of new research projects on our Atmospheric-Ocean interaction flume, a laboratory facility with cutting-edge possibilities regarding the study of wind-wave generation processes; energy and momentum flux from wind to wave; wind, wave and currents interaction; interaction with natural or artificial structures and/or physical processes.
- Development of new research lines related with the integrated verification of the hydrodynamical and structural behavior of a breakwater and its implications on the investment project. These lines may include both physical and numerical experiments.
- Impact of climate change on coastal urban fronts: analysis and proposal of recommendations for the protection. This project will begin in July and is done in cooperation with Portugal, Mexico, Uruguay and Chile. Different study sites were selected at the different countries.
- Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
- Environmental Sciences and Geology (ENV)
For a correct evaluation of your candidature, please send the documents below to Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of recommendation (optional)