OFFER DEADLINE01/09/2018 12:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Project Office
DEPARTMENTPromotion & Advisory
Professor Cristóbal Lozano, from the Department of English and German Philology at the University of Granada, welcomes postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF) in this university. Applicants must comply with the Mobility Rule (more information in the participant guide: http://sl.ugr.es/097k).
Research group members: The researh group is made of a group of linguists, mostly based at the Universidad de Granada, while the rest are in different European universities. A few postgraduate students (MAs and PhDs) also participate in the project.
· Universidad de Granada (UGR) team:
o Cristóbal Lozano (PhD) (PI of the research project): SLA and Learner corpora.
o Ana Díaz-Negrillo (PhD): Learner corpora and SLA.
o Nobuo Ignacio López-Sako (PhD): pragmatics and corpus data,
· Madrid team (UAM: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid): Amaya Mendikoetxea (PhD): learner corpora, SLA, generative grammar.
· Balearic team (UIB: Universidad de las Islas Baleares): Pedro Guijarro-Fuentes (PhD): SLA.
· Bremen team (University of Bremen, Germany): Marcus Callies (PhD): Learner corpora and SLA.
· Thessaloniki team (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki): Despina Papadopoulou (PhD): SLA, learner corpora and psycholinguistics.
IP’s webpage: http://wdb.ugr.es/~cristoballozano/
Research project title: ANACOR (A corpus-based approach to anaphora resolution in second language acquisition: beyond the interfaces).
Main goals: To understand how learners of a second language (L2) use anaphoric forms (overt/null pronouns, NPs) to refer to their antecedents in previous discourse. We will use large corpora and fine-grained annotation to investigate this in several language combinations: L1 English/Greek/Japanese - L2 Spanish as well as L1 Spanish/German - L2 English. Our ultimate goal is (i) to better understand the mechanisms underlying the language of adult bilingual learners of a second language (in relation to anaphora resolution); (i) to create new electronic resources (corpora) like COREFL (L1 Spanish/German-L2 English) and enlarge existing corpora like CEDEL2 (L1 English/Greek/Japanese-L2 Spanish) to investigate anaphora resolution.
Candidate’s profile: The candidate will be working in the following lines of research within the project:
- Second Language Acquisition (SLA) / Bilingualism
- Learner corpora
- Anaphora resolution
- Social Sciences and Humanities (SOC)
For a correct evaluation of your candidature, please send the documents below to Professor (email@example.com):
- Letter of recommendation (optional)