OFFER DEADLINE31/10/2018 13:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Research Projects Office
DEPARTMENTPromotion and Advisory Unit
Professor Francisco Javier Hinojo Lucena, from the Department of Didactics and School Organization at the University of Granada, welcomes postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for an Athenea3i Research Fellowship in 2018 at this University. The information about the Fellowship conditions, how to apply, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Evaluation Process, etc. is available in https://athenea3i.ugr.es/. Please note that applicants must comply with the Eligibility Criteria (https://athenea3i.ugr.es/?page_id=23).
Brief description of the institution:
The University of Granada (UGR), founded in 1531, is one of the largest and most important universities in Spain. It serves more than 60000 students per year, including many foreign students, as UGR is the leader host institution in the Erasmus program. UGR, featuring 3650 professors and more than 2000 auxiliary personnel, offers a total of 75 degrees through its 112 departments and 28 centers.
UGR is also a leading institution in research, located in the top 5/10 of Spanish universities by a variety of ranking criteria, such as national R&D projects, fellowships awarded, publications, or international funding. UGR is one of the few Spanish Universities listed in the Shanghai Top 500 ranking (http://www.arwu.org/), and it is also well recognized for its web presence (http://www.4icu.org/top200/).
Internationally, we bet decidedly by our participation in the calls of H2020, both at partner and coordination. For the duration of the Seventh Framework Programme, the UGR has obtained a total of 66 projects, with total funding of 17.97 million euros, and for H2020, until 2015, more than 25 projects with total funding of more than 6 million euros. Our more than 3,000 researchers are grouped into 365 research groups covering all scientific fields and disciplines.
Brief description of the Centre/Research Group
The University of Granada, where AREA Research Group belongs to (Analysis of the Educational Reality), with registration HUM-672, headed by Francisco Javier Hinojo Lucena, is one of the most ancient of all Spain (http://www.ugr.es/en), created by the Emperor Carlos V in 1531, it already has a history of almost five centuries, that have forged it as one of the institutions with greater leadership and international prestige, as it guarantees the latest results in the ranking of Shanghai (Academic Ranking of World Universities), occupying ranked 201 among the 500 best universities worldwide, or the second place at the national level for the achievement of the highest number of projects challenges / excellence from across the country, with a total of 103 projects.
With respect to the AREA research group (http://m.facebook.com/grupoareahum672/), it was created in 1998 and currently in its twenty years of existence, is the second group of all the University of Granada, which receives more funding from the Andalusian Research, Development and Innovation Plan (PAIDI) of the Junta de Andalucía. It is a great interdisciplinary team whose main objective is the analysis and intervention in any educational reality that affects the people’s development. In this way, its field of study includes formal, non-formal and informal education as evidenced in more than thirty implemented projects and over 100 doctoral dissertations and a production of almost 1700 publications.
The group is composed by different members of the professional field, educational practice (stakeholders, teachers, psychologists, etc.), academics and researchers.
The study of the educational reality covers different variables and influential factors, so it is important to address the scenarios or specify contextual issues, where training and the development of individuals takes place, from a cross e interdisciplinary perspective. Hence, it focuses on several research lines:
- The impact of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) on the knowledge society, through research and teaching innovation actions focused on the implementation of active methodologies and the use of semi-presence learning spaces, with "Blended learning", experiences "Mobile Learning", "Flipped Classroom", within the European convergence framework.
- Leadership and gender in organizational development. Detection of discriminatory actions in the educational field, from power positions, management positions in different educational organizations, to become aware and to intervene in favour of equal opportunities and social equity.
- Attention to diversity and educational inclusion, attending to special needs, learning difficulties, the importance of geographical context (rurality) and its impact on the students’ integral development.
- Regulated and occupational vocational training as formative itineraries, with greater labour insertion, within the socioeconomic framework and business demand, at European level.
- Economic Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities (ECO-SOC)
- Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
For a correct evaluation of your candidature, please send the documents below to Professor Francisco Javier Hinojo Lucena (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.