OFFER DEADLINE30/10/2018 11:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Research Projects Office
DEPARTMENTPromotion and Advisory Unit
Professor Antonio Cándido Ortiz, from the Department of Experimental Psychology/Neuroscience at the University of Granada, welcomes postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for an Athenea3i Research Fellowship in 2018 at this University. The information about the Fellowship conditions, how to apply, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Evaluation Process, etc. is available in https://athenea3i.ugr.es/. Please note that applicants must comply with the Eligibility Criteria (https://athenea3i.ugr.es/?page_id=23).
Brief description of the institution:
The University of Granada (UGR), founded in 1531, is one of the largest and most important universities in Spain. It serves more than 60000 students per year, including many foreign students, as UGR is the leader host institution in the Erasmus program. UGR, featuring 3650 professors and more than 2000 auxiliary personnel, offers a total of 75 degrees through its 112 departments and 28 centers.
UGR is also a leading institution in research, located in the top 5/10 of Spanish universities by a variety of ranking criteria, such as national R&D projects, fellowships awarded, publications, or international funding. UGR is one of the few Spanish Universities listed in the Shanghai Top 500 ranking (http://www.arwu.org/), and it is also well recognized for its web presence (http://www.4icu.org/top200/).
Internationally, we bet decidedly by our participation in the calls of H2020, both at partner and coordination. For the duration of the Seventh Framework Programme, the UGR has obtained a total of 66 projects, with total funding of 17.97 million euros, and for H2020, until 2015, more than 25 projects with total funding of more than 6 million euros. Our more than 3,000 researchers are grouped into 365 research groups covering all scientific fields and disciplines.
Brief description of the Centre/Research Group
Our research currently concentrates on three sets of processes: Learning (with special emphasis on causal learning in humans), Emotion (especially anxiety and depressive disorders and problems related to drug addiction and health), and Decisions (decision-making and risk behavior). We also study the physiological correlates of these processes and our main applied sectors of interest are traffic and health.
Some of the research areas we cover are:
- Causal Learning and Decision Making
- Risky Decision Making and Behavior in Driving
- The Role of Emotions in Learning and Decision Making (e.g., in addiction or decisions about health)
- Medical Decision Making and Risk Communication
- Brain Activity in Learning and Decision Making
We welcome collaborations and contracts on Research & Development projects.
- Analysis of factors involved in risk behavior (driving and addictive behavior) and development of techniques for control of such behavior.
- Study of the electrophysiological correlates of human behavior.
- Advice on issues related to information and behavioral control in health psychology and drug addiction issues, as well as driving and road safety.
- Techniques for studying the behavior of drivers in risky situations.
- Techniques for the measurement and analysis of EEG in human behavior.
- 3-Honda Riding Trainer Simulator.
- 2 Brain Vision (EEG measurement)
- 2 Neuroscan (Portable EEG measurement)
- EYELINK 1000 (Measuring eye movements)
- PowerLab (Measurement system for psycho-physiological responses).
- The centre is also home to the UGR's Magnetic Resonance Unit (MRI), the most advanced neuroimaging system in southern Spain.
- We study human functioning using mainly behavioral tests, eye tracking, MRI, EEG, and other non-invasive techniques. We use these techniques to infer what mental procesesses como into play to perform different tasks.
- Economic Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities (ECO-SOC)
- Life Sciences (LIFE)
For a correct evaluation of your candidature, please send the documents below to Professor Antonio Cándido Ortiz (email@example.com):
- Letter of recommendation (optional)