- Offer Deadline
- EU Research Framework Programme
- HE / MSCA
- Organisation / Company
- Nantes Université
- Faculty of medicine
- TARGET - Translational Research in Gene Therapy (INSERM JRU 1089)
- Is the Hosting related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Organisation / Company Type
- Higher Education Institute
- 1 QUAI DE TOURVILLE, BP 13522, 44035 NANTES CEDEX 01
Oumeya ADJALI from the National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM) at Nantes Université is looking for postdoctoral candidates interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) in 2023.
- Key words
Biotherapies, Gene therapy, viral vectors, AAV
- What is a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship?
MSCA Postdoctoral fellowships support the career development of researchers for enhancing their individual competence diversification in terms of skills at multidisciplinary level and intersectoral experience. The MSCA-PF grant provides a competitive salary plus mobility and family allowances if applicable, as well as research, training and networking costs. This call to interest concerns the European Postdoctoral Fellowships (12 to 24 months of duration in Europe + optional placement in private sector in Europe of 6 months). For more information: MSCA-PF
- Team description
TARGET - Translational Research in Gene Therapy (INSERM JRU 1089) laboratory is based in “Nantes Biotech/Institut de Recherche en Santé 2 (Nantes Université) and is an internationally recognized expert in the field of gene therapy with a focus on recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus (rAAV)-derived vectors for gene addition and editing strategies.
- Profile of the supervisor
- Research project
TARGET laboratory is based in “Nantes Biotech/Institut de Recherche en Santé 2 (Nantes Université) and is an internationally recognized expert in the field of gene therapy with a focus on recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus (rAAV)-derived vectors for gene addition and editing strategies. Potential research topics that the project could address : (i) Gene therapy for neuromuscular diseases: (ii) Gene therapy for retinal diseases; (iii) Innovation in vectorology, (iv) Immunology of rAAV-based gene transfer, (v) New human organoid models for gene therapy and (vi) Bioproduction of AAV vectors (large scale process developments).
- What are the eligibility criteria?
Candidates must hold a PhD at the call deadline (13 Sept. 2023) and have 8 years maximum of full-time research experience after the PhD.
“Mobility rule”: candidates must NOT have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.Candidates can be from any nationality.
Although not an eligibility criterion, a good track record is recommended.
- What’s in it for me?
1. Selected candidate will have access to online training programme and one-to-one proposal preparation sessions with our experienced European Officers.
2. Selected candidate will have the opportunity to come to Nantes for two days in the beginning of July to meet his supervisor and to start working on the writing of the project. The grant awarded for this stay will cover travel, hotel and subsistence expenses for 2 days and 2 nights (up to 1000€ for the EU countries and up to 2000€ for the non-EU countries). Nantes Université does not cover the visa fees.
- I’m interested. What should I do?
If you are interested and have the required background, apply by sending the application formto Oumeya ADJALI (email@example.com) and the European office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information on the dedicated webpage.
- Registration for this scheme does not imply automatic funding. Applications will be examined in the light of the MSCA PF evaluation criteria, both by your potential supervisor and by the experienced European Officers. No application will be considered after April 14th but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible as they will be evaluated as they arise.The short-stay grant will be distributed among the selected candidate within the limits of the available budget.
- You should expect feedback for your application by 15th May.
Brief description of Nantes Université
Nantes Université is a higher education and research institution created in 2022. This new institution has adopted a new University model unprecedented in France by bringing together a university, a university hospital (CHU de Nantes), a technology research centre (IRT Jules Verne), a public scientific and technological institute (Inserm) and higher education establishments (Centrale Nantes, École des Beaux-Arts Nantes Saint-Nazaire, École d’Architecture de Nantes).
Nantes Université is a sustainable and committed institution and one of the driving forces behind societal development. With a global and outward-looking culture, it promotes innovativeness and openness: open science, open research, open education, open innovation. Nantes Université has received the HR Excellence in Research Award and is already involved in various European projects, notably MSCA actions.