OFFER DEADLINE30/06/2021 13:30 - Europe/Athens
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEHE / MSCA
LOCATIONSpain, Boadilla del Monte
ORGANISATION/COMPANYCEU San Pablo University
DEPARTMENTFaculty of Medicine
Research Project Description:
New technologies (Artificial Intelligence, E-health, Virtual Reality, M-Health, Mobile Phone Applications…) and strengths of the older adults:
This research theme aims to further develop older adult’s positive psychology through new technologies. In particular, the focus is on empirical studies on what new technologies are applied to the strengths older adults. The design of research questions, theories, methods, and topics. Examples of topics are: older adults mobile phone applications, M-Health, virtual reality, artificial intelligence and E-Health. Psychologists from several subdisciplines are now asking themselves an intriguing question: "What strengths does an older person employ to cope effectively with life?
The objective of the research focuses on the application of new technologies for the management of older adults and their use, with the purpose of assessing and improving the strengths of older adults and successful aging.
A post doc may choose one of these topics to work with the host.
Through different lines of research, BUENAVEJEZ Research Group analyses the older people`s psychological strengths and weaknesses, their families and the professionals linked to their care. This research is based on the development of assessment protocols with psychometric quality and on the design, application and evaluation of effective intervention programs. Our ultimate goal is to deepen our understanding of psychological reactions in old age (from the development of disorders to the consolidation of positive aspects).
Our current research interests focus on the area of personal and social strengths in older adults. We are also interested in the influence of intergenerational relationships.
- Active Grants (R&D projects funded through competitive calls of public or private entities):
- Promotion of good practices in dealing with the elderly in institutions. Spanish Ministry of Economics & Competitiveness. (PSI2016-79803-R). Start-End date: 01/01/2017 - 31/09/2021 Duration: 4 ½ years
- Strengths of people in confinement by COVID-19. Longitudinal and cross-cultural study. -Banco Santander (ORACLE: MCOV20V3). Start-End date: 11/09/2020-10/03/2022 Duration: 1 ½ years
- Values and virtues of grandparents who take care of their grandchildren as protective factors for health and psychological well-being] Universidad San Pablo-CEU (CEU-SANTANDER 4/2020). Start-End date: 3/11/2020-3/11/2022 Duration: 2 years
- Latest papers:
- López, J., Pérez-Rojo, G., Noriega, C. y Velasco, C (2021). Personal and work-related factors associated with good care for institutionalized older adults. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 18, 820. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18020820 (IF JCR 2019: 2,849: Public, Environmental & Occupational Health: Q1) Promotion of good practices in dealing with the elderly in institutions/ PSI2016-79803-R.
- Pérez-Rojo, G., López, J., Noriega, C., Martínez-Huertas, J. A. y Velasco, C. (2021). Validation of the professional good care scale in nursing homes (GCS-NH). BMC Geriatrics, 21, 251. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-021-02199-6 (IF JCR 2019: 2,818: Gerontology: Q1, 6 de 36) Promotion of good practices in dealing with the elderly in institutions/ PSI2016-79803-R.
- López, J., Pérez-Rojo, G., Noriega, C., Carretero, I., Velasco, C., Martinez-Huertas, J. A., López-Frutos, P. y Galarraga, L. (2020). Psychological well-being among older adults during the COVID-19 outbreak: a comparative study of the young–old and the old–old adults. International Psychogeriatrics, 32, 1365-1370. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610220000964 (IF JCR 2019: 2,940: Gerontology: Q1) Strengths of people in confinement by COVID-19. Longitudinal and cross-cultural study /ORACLE: MCOV20V3
- Noriega, C., Velasco, C. y López, J. (2020). Perceptions of grandparents’ generativity and personal growth in supplementary care providers of middle-aged grandchildren. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 37, 1114-1135. https://doi.org/10.1177/0265407519886661 (IF JCR 2019: 2,359: Family Studies: Q1) Values and virtues of grandparents who take care of their grandchildren as protective factors for health and psychological well-being] Universidad/ CEU-SANTANDER 4/2020.
- Pérez-Rojo, G., Noriega, C., Velasco, C. y López, J. (2019). Development and assessment of the content validity of the professional good practices scale in nursing homes. International Psychogeriatrics, 31 (10), 1517-1521. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610218002077 (IF JCR: 2,940: Gerontology: Q1, 7 de 36); (SJR Q1 Gerontology, 1,173) Promotion of good practices in dealing with the elderly in institutions/ PSI2016-79803-R.
How to apply:
Candidates with a background in New Technologies applied to Psychology and a strong interest in older adults’ psychology are welcome to apply. We are particularly interested in applicants with strong skills in the design and development of new technologies.
Researcher is expected to have proven ability to produce high-quality research and write academic texts in English suitable for publication in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.
Eligibility conditions for MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships shall be fulfilled:
- up to 8 years’ experience after PhD.
- mobility rule: not having resided or developed main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 36 months before call deadline (15/09/21).
An expression of interest shall be sent to email@example.com (Attn.: Lopez, Javier). Your file should contain the following elements:
- A short CV (Max. 2 pages)
- One-page research proposal
Older adults, Positive Psychology, Strengths, Good Care, Successful aging
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.