OFFER DEADLINE16/05/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra
DEPARTMENTPolitical and Social Sciences
The Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM) of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF, Barcelona), is interested in participating as a host centre in the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships.
The RECSM is a research centre focusing on research in survey methodology, applied statistics and experimental and quasi-experimental survey designs.
The centre’s new facility is equipped with new offices and a new lab for experiments. These new facilities are located at the “Ciutadella Campus” of the UPF, very close to the Olympic Port of Barcelona. Since 2014 RECSM has also been organizing a very successful summer school in survey methodology and data analyses.
The RECSM seeks candidates with one of the following profile/expertise:
- Survey methodology: questionnaire design, evaluation of survey questions, memory effect, survey experiments. The potencial supervisor for this line of research will be Dr. Melanie Revilla (special interest in web surveys) or Dr. Wiebke Weber.
- Online surveys and analysis on big data with passive meters on media use, political discussion and participation in internet. The potential supervisor for this line of research will be Professor Mariano Torcal.
- Social-personality psychology, with an emphasis in the quantitative study of the psychological effects of cultural diversity and interculturalism. Candidates should have a background in psychology or behavioral/cognitive sciences. Demonstrated experience in the study of social identity, culture, or acculturation, as well as a background in experimental methods and/or social network methodology are also ideal, and will be highly valued. The potential supervisor for this line of research will be Professor Veronica Benet-Martinez.
- Methodological research on propensity score methods and their application to new areas of research such as multilevel and/or network data structures. The potential supervisor for this line of research will be Dr. Bruno Arpino.
- Ageing / Social demography. Quantitative research, possibly based on longitudinal analyses, on intergenerational relationships, active ageing, demographic behaviours. The potential supervisor for this line of research will be Dr. Bruno Arpino.
The required postdoctoral investigator needs to demonstrate research experience related to one of the fields mentioned above. Expertise in quantitative methods (e.g., structural equation modeling, multilevel modeling, etc.) is a plus. We are also looking for researchers willing to get involved in other RECSM activities such as short courses, and our summer school. We will also appreciate those candidates willing to prepare or participate in future applications for research funding in any of the abovementioned topics.
Researchers interested in obtaining a sponsorship by a member of RECSM in one of the abovementioned area should check to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the Marie Curie actions and send an expression of interest containing the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Summary statement of the research proposal (max. 5 A4 pages)
- Motivation letter (max. 2 A4 page)
- One relevant publication
- One recommendation letter
Expressions of interest must be submitted by the 15th May 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject of the email “Marie Curie application” – RECSM). Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection by the 31st of May.
The deadline for the submission of the first draft proposal, worked with the supervisor, is 21st July and final deadline for submissions to the European Commission is the 12th September 2018.
Eligibility criteria according to the call:
At the deadline for the submission of proposals (12/09/2018), researchers:
- shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience;
- must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.