OFFER DEADLINE30/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUtrecht University/ Universiteit Utrecht
DEPARTMENTInformation and Computing Sciences
LABORATORYHuman Centered Computing group
The Human-Centred Computing group, Utrecht University, the Netherlands invites candidates interested in a Marie Skłodowska-Curie individual European fellowship. The call has a deadline of 9 September 2020. General information about Marie Curie fellowships can be found here:
What we are looking for are candidates who:
- Have a PhD or at least 4 years’ full-time research experience by the call deadline (9 September 2020).
- Have not been in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years before 9 September 2020.
- Would love to live in Utrecht during their fellowship and work with us
- Have an interest in our research areas (see below) and a background that complements these areas
- Bring something new to our group.
Marie Curie welcomes people who want to restart their research career after a break such as parental leave, and we also welcome interest from such candidates.
What we offer selected candidates is:
- An international top university (#30 Shanghai ranking) as host institution.
- A strong and friendly research group
- Excellent research infrastructure
- Mentoring, support, input, and feedback to produce an excellent jointly written fellowship proposal
If you are interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie individual fellowship with us as host, please
- Send an expression of interest to the member of staff closest aligned to your research interests by 30 May, 2020, with subject line 'Marie Curie'.
- Your CV (PDF including publication list)
- A paragraph explaining what makes you a good candidate
- A paragraph explaining your research interests and the project you envisage working on during your fellowship
- A paragraph explaining what skills you would bring to the group.
- A paragraph explaining what you would like to learn during your fellowship
Our research areas include:
- Virtual humans in Augmented & Virtual Reality and Games (Zerrin Yumak)
- Human-Robot Interaction (Maartje de Graaf)
- Mobile and Wearable Computing (Paweł W. Woźniak, Egon L. van den Broek)
- Personalized and adaptive systems (Judith Masthoff, Egon L. van den Broek)
- User Modeling and Recommender Systems (Judith Masthoff)
- Affective and empathic computing (Egon L. van den Broek, Judith Masthoff)
- Persuasive technology, e-coaching, and serious games (Robbert Jan Beun, Judith Masthoff, Joske Houtkamp)
- Computer-Supported Collaborative Work and Crowd Computing (Ioanna Lykourentzou)
- Automated analysis of and interaction with humanities’ data (Almila Akdag)
- Cognition in User Experience (Christof van Nimwegen)
These research areas are addressed in many domains, including: health & well-being, sports, education, music, retail, and cultural heritage.
Email addresses for all staff can be found on the Utrecht University website.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.