OFFER DEADLINE14/06/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
LOCATIONSpain, Boadilla del Monte
ORGANISATION/COMPANYCEU San Pablo University
LABORATORYInstitute for Applied Molecular Medicine (IMMA)
USP-CEU welcomes postdoctoral researchers with an excellent track record to apply jointly with a supervisor from the Institute for Applied Molecular Medicine, to the European Commission Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Scheme (MSCA-IF). Selected candidates will be provided with devoted training and special assistance for proposal development.
The Institute for Applied Molecular Medicine (IMMA) is a multidisciplinary research team of relatively new creation led by Domingo Barber, PhD and Maria M Escribese, PhD. Our team is formed by medical doctors in allergy and Pneumology and several PhD students and postdocs. Additionally, we have the technical support from the Institution with specialized technicians in genetic, histology and cell biology.
Our research is mainly as well as by agreements with . Moreover, we are the coordinator group of a National research Consortium in Allergy and Asthma (ARADYAL). In the last five years, our group has .
Resarch Project Description:
We work in the field of allergic inflammation with a special interest in severe phenotypes of respiratory allergies and asthma. Moreover, we have recently got funded a European project in the call “Nutrition & the Epigenome” from the JPI – HDHL, entitled: “Dietary Intervention in Food Allergy: Microbiome, Epigenetic and Metabolomic interactions”.
The aim of our research is to identify new biomarkers associated with allergic inflammation, and /or remodeling, useful in the design on novel personalized therapeutic strategies.
In order to achieve that, we have developed a translational research program with two main programs:
- a basic approach, using cellular, and molecular approaches as well as -omic technologies and bioinformatic tools for their integration. In this regard, we have a team of 2 postdocs and few PhD students, specialized in immunometabolism. They are located at the Centre of Metabolomics and Bioanalysis (CEMBIO), from Pharmacy Faculty.
- a clinical approach, in which we collaborate with more than 10 different hospitals across Spain, that allow us to develop projects with patient populations that have particular allergic / asthmatic phenotypes.
Our main goal is to perform an integrative study of the particular allergic or asthmatic phenotypes that will allow us to identify biomarkers associated with this pathology and useful to evaluate the progression of the disease as well as to design new therapies.
Candidates should ideally have a background (Ph.D) in either cell/molecular biology or immunology. Knowledge in bioinformatic tools and epigenetic will be consider a plus.
They will receive training in -omic experimental approaches and data integration as well in other lab-based methods such as histology, MACs separation, Multiplex ELISA, qPCRs, flow cytometry….
The selected candidate will be mainly focused in translational research and will be expected to perform an independent research line, apply to further funding opportunities and supervise younger lab members.
At the deadline for the submission of proposals (11/09/2019), researchers:
- Shall be in possession of a doctoral degree, or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Shall have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to theabovementioned deadline.
An expression of interest shall be sent to Dr. Maria Marta Escribese, or Dr. Domingo Barber. Your file should contain the following elements:
- A short CV: Only CVs with considerable scientific achievements will be considered. Broad experience, published articles and participation in competitive research projects is desirable. Team working abilities, flexibility and research motivation and enthusiasmare always welcome.
- A one-page research proposal.
- A short statement explaining why USP-CEU would be the best host institution for your research.
- Contact details for two references.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.