OFFER DEADLINE01/07/2018 00:00 - Europe/London
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Ciências Sociais da Universidade de Lisboa
Within the framework of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Individual Fellowships (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018) programme promoted by H2020, the Instituto de Ciências Sociais [Institute of Social Sciences] of the Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal (ICS-ULisboa) is now accepting applications from researchers in the areas of social and cultural anthropology, political science, economics, human geography, history, social psychology and sociology. Applicants’ work plans are expected to fit the ICS’s Research Agenda established for 2015-2020 – Changing Societies: Legacies and Challenges – as well as the research and thematic areas of the Institute´s Research Groups.
ICS-ULisboa an international, interdisciplinary academic research centre gathering researchers from many different areas of the social sciences as well as from various countries. The Institute, which was evaluated in 2014 as ‘Institution of Excellence’ by international ESF panels, offers excellent working conditions, financial support for research and international networks. Its premises are located in Lisbon, a beautiful and historical city offering a rich array of cultural and social activities.
Along with the opportunity to join the Institute’s vibrant research environment and benefit from its wide international network, successful candidates will be provided with office space, along with computer, email and internet access, as well as free access to the ICS's library facilities.
Manifestations of interests for applications with ICS-ULisboa as a Host Institution (beneficiary) will be evaluated with regard to both European (EF) and Global Fellowships (GF).
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships are available for experienced researchers of any nationality, who must have, at the date of the call deadline, a doctoral degree or at least four years of full time equivalent research experience.
Eligible candidates must comply with MSCA mobility rules:
- European Fellowships: the researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline;
- Global Fellowships (includes a research period in a Third Country, followed by a reintegration period at the Host Institution): the researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Third Country where the outgoing phase takes place for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline.
Further details and requisites for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie - Individual Fellowships are available at the Participant Portal.
Manifestations of interest must be submitted to ICS-ULisboa through the form available at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/THVa2cgXZLiYPgmb2
All applications must include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A cover letter describing the candidate’s current research interests
- One copy of each of two relevant publications (or, as an alternative, writing samples)
- A research proposal, according to the guidelines provided in the online form;
- Two letters of recommendation written by social scientists. At least one of them must be from a non-Portuguese institution. Referees must send these letters directly to email@example.com.
Candidates are also asked to indicate the researcher who will be responsible for supervising their work plan. In case the candidate cannot to provide such information, the evaluation panel will assign a supervisor based on the candiate's profile and proposal.
The deadline for submitting applications to ICS-ULisboa is June 30th, 2018, 23:59 (Lisbon time).
The decision to host the candidate will be notified via email by July 16, 2018. Selected candidates will receive full support from ICS’ R&D unit and supervisors to develop their proposal and throughout the submission process.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.