OFFER DEADLINE01/09/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEHE / MSCA
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
DEPARTMENTInternational Research Proposal Support Unit
Professor Mercedes Teruel, established at the Faculty of Business and Economics (Reus, Spain), is interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska – Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA-PF-2021) call. Candidates will joint to the Research Group of Industry and Territory and work also with prof. Agustí Segarra-Blasco. Selected candidates will receive dedicated support from our group to write a successful proposal.
The main goal of our group is to investigate the determinants of HGFs in the context of the post-Covid pandemic. Our research consists of 4 pillars:
i) The role of new digital technologies in the consolidation of HGFs
ii) the relationship in the internationalization process
iii) The impact of the pandemic on HGFs in terms of productive capacity
iv) The analysis of real-time data to analyse firm growth
For the Marie Curie PD call of 2021, we are looking for postdoc(s) with experience in:
- Micro-econometrics to carry out a project to evaluate the causal relationship of the determinants on the HGFs.
- Industrial Organization to develop a theoretical model explaining the interaction between the firm growth and unexpected shocks
We are looking for talented young scientists, strongly committed to high quality frontier research and able to add new insights to the existing URV core expertise. Only candidates with an outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals will be considered. Candidates from USA or with an academic record of USA are encouraged.
URV as Hosting Institution located at Scientific Campus of Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Reus, Spain), has all the technical and scientific facilities for carry out this project.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) is well positioned both nationally and internationally due to the Excellence of its research and the commitment and internationally recognised staff. URV is made up of 12 Faculties and Schools, with 24 Departments, which welcome annually 11.400 undergraduate, 1.500 master and 1.200 PhD students (20% of them full time employees). In 2019, it was named World’s 78th Best Young University aged less than 50 years and 401-500 Best University in the World (by Times Higher Education World University Rankings), and 501-600 by Academic Ranking of world Universities. Being the within the top 10% universities in number and impact of its publications is a clear measure of the quality of the research we can offer to the future MSCA-PF fellows.
Testament to the quality of its research is the fact that URV is host for around 100 MSCA fellows, in different programmes (COFUND, ITN, IF), displaying a strong bond to the principles of the MSCA programme.
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals (15/09/2021), researchers:
- Experienced Researchers: In possession of doctoral degree. At the call deadline, supported researchers must have a maximum of 8 years fulltime equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents.
- Nationality: any nationality.
- Mobility: The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for submission of proposals (a relaxed rule for CAR and RI).
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A summary presentation of their research proposal / A motivation letter
Proposals will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation. Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection a week after the deadline.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.