OFFER DEADLINE01/09/2021 16:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEHE / MSCA
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
DEPARTMENTInternational Research Proposal Support Unit
Professor Jordi Miró, established at the Department of Psychology (Tarragona, Spain), is interested in receiving Expressions of Interest of potential candidates for the Marie Sklodowska – Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA-PF-2021) call. Selected candidates will receive dedicated support from his group to write a successful proposal.
One of the broad, long-term objectives of Professor Miró’s group is to develop an empirically supported biopsychosocial model of chronic pain as it applies to children and adolescents, and use it to inform the development and evaluation of treatments that will prevent and reduce the pain and suffering in both children and adolescents at risk of developing chronic pain, and in children and adolescents that have chronic pain.
This research consists of 4 pillars:
- The study of the influence of culture-related factors on how children and adolescents adjust to and cope with chronic pain
- The study of chronic pain-related constructs (domains) in children and adolescents that are most likely to influence outcomes and that are modifiable (i.e., potential treatment targets) in primary care.
- The development of new, better, and freely available questionnaires, both for the assessment of specific domains and for the rapid identification of youths at risk for developing chronic pain to be used in primary care that are culturally sensitive.
- The role and use of the new digital technologies in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with chronic pain, particularly mobile apps.
For the Marie Curie PD call of 2021, we are looking for postdoc(s) with experience in:
- Public health or Sociology to carry out a project to study the influence of culture on (chronic) pain.
- Clinical or Health Psychology to study chronic pain-related constructs that are most likely to influence treatment outcomes in primary care
- E-Health or m-Health to implement a RCT using a mobile app to improve adolescents’ self-management of chronic pain.
We are looking for talented young scientists, strongly committed to high quality frontier research and able to add new insights to the existing URV core expertise. Only candidates with an outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals will be considered.
URV as Hosting Institution located at Scientific Campus of Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain), has all the technical and scientific facilities for carry out this project.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) is well positioned both nationally and internationally due to the Excellence of its research and the commitment and internationally recognised staff. URV is made up of 12 Faculties and Schools, with 24 Departments, which welcome annually 11.400 undergraduate, 1.500 master and 1.200 PhD students (20% of them full time employees). In 2019, it was named World’s 78th Best Young University aged less than 50 years and 401-500 Best University in the World (by Times Higher Education World University Rankings), and 501-600 by Academic Ranking of world Universities. Being within the top 10% universities in number and impact of its publications is a clear measure of the quality of the research we can offer to the future MSCA-PF fellows.
Testament to the quality of its research is the fact that URV is host for around 100 MSCA fellows, in different programmes (COFUND, ITN, IF), displaying a strong bond to the principles of the MSCA programme.
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals (15/09/2021), researchers:
- Experienced Researchers: In possession of doctoral degree. At the call deadline, supported researchers must have a maximum of 8 years fulltime equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents.
- Nationality: any country.
- Mobility: The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for submission of proposals (a relaxed rule for CAR and RI).
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A summary presentation of their research proposal / A motivation letter
Proposals will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation. Candidates will be informed of the results of the pre-selection a week after the deadline.
WEB of the research group: http://www.dolorinfantil.urv.cat/es
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.