OFFER DEADLINE04/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMENot funded by an EU programme
ORGANISATION/COMPANYMaimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba - IMIBIC
LABORATORYseveral host labs
IMIBIC HOSTING OFFER:
LaCaixa INPhiNIT INCOMING Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Description of the Programme
The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT “la Caixa” is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spain or Portugal. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
35 PhD fellowships for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in research centres accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or the National Institute of Health Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” or “exceptional” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia.
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary. In addition, researchers establish a personal career development plan including trasnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility opportunities, and attend a full range of complementary training workshops.
IMIBIC Hosting Offer
The Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba (IMIBIC) acts as host organisation within the INPhINIT Incoming programme by offering prestigious PhD positions in which INPhINIT researchers may develop their doctoral research project.
Offered Positions at IMIBIC:
CHARACTERIZATION OF NOVEL MECHANISMS INVOLVED IN RENAL INJURY (Dr. Juan Moreno)
UNRAVELING NOVEL PLAYERS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF METABOLIC DISEASE IN OBESITY (Prof. María M. Malagón)
IMMUNOSENESCENCE IN AGING AND INFLAMMATORY DISEASES (Prof. Rafael Solana Lara)
DNA REPAIR OF ABASIC SITES INDUCED BY ANTITUMORAL ALKYLATING AGENTS IN CANCER CELLS (Prof. Teresa Roldán-Arjona)
NEW MOLECULAR MECHANISMS IN THE PATHOLOGICAL INTERACTION BETWEEN OBESITY AND CANCER: CELLULAR MACHINERIES CONTROLLING RNA METABOLISM AND GENOMIC (IN)STABILITY AS POTENTIAL BIOMARKERS AND THERAPEUTIC TARGETS (Dr. Raúl M. Luque)
THE DISCOVERY OF NEW VIRAL AGENTS WITH ZOONOSIS POTENTIAL (Dr. Antonio Rivero Román)
IMPROVING AUTOMATIC MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BY DEEP LEARNING (Prof. Sebastián Ventura Soto)
USER-CENTRIC PATTERNS TO DESCRIBE MEDICAL ALERTS (Prof. Sebastián Ventura Soto)
How to Search for the Offers:
You can find each of these offers via the Offer Finder
Select “IMIBIC – Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute to Cordoba” from the dropdown list under “HOST ORGANIZATION”
You can also search the positions by their title, as listed above.
1) At the call deadline (4th Feb 2021), applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
2) At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
- To have completed the studies that lead to an official university degree adapted to the European Higher Education Area awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
- To have completed a degree in university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
3) Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline (4th Feb 2021). Short stays, such as holidays, done in a country other than their country of usual residence (where they carried out their main activity), will be considered as time spent in their country of usual residence.
4) Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
5) Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
How to Apply:
If you want to apply for an INPhINIT fellowship, create your personal account and fill in the on-line application form
4 February 2021: Application deadline.
18 February 2021: Deadline for submitting the language certificate.
22 April 2021: Notification of the shortlist results.
25, 26 and 27 May 2021: Face-to-face interviews in Barcelona.
7 June 2021: Publication of the final list of selected candidates.
7 – 30 June 2021: Matching between the research centres – fellows.
contact email (for questions concerning the host organisation IMIBIC):
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.