- Offer Deadline
- EU Research Framework Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Organisation / Company
- IBIMA BE-18 Vascular biology, Tumor microenvironment & Target discovery
- Is the Hosting related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Organisation / Company Type
- Public Research Institution
- Postal Code
- Severo Ochoa, 35
We are looking for candidates to apply to IBIMA’s research positions, funded by La Caixa “Incoming Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships” call 2023 (https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/inphinit-doctoral-fellowships-incoming). Clicking on this link you will find the call’s guidelines (including application rules and conditions).
- Hosting institution: Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Málaga (IBIMA. Plataforma BIONAND), Málaga (Spain)
- Leader: Prof. Melissa García Caballero
- Study area: Oncology
- Title: Dissecting the tumour microenvironment to discover new promising therapeutics targets
- Duration: 3 years
- Grant amount: Up to 125.400 € + training
Activity and Training: Interactions between cancer cells and their microenvironment profoundly determine tumour progression, metastatic dissemination, therapeutic responses and resistance. Therefore, the in-depth characterization of the tumour microenvironment, with special focus on the tumour vasculature and their different cell subpopulations, is of great interest to discover new genes, molecules and secreted factors which determine primary tumour progression and the reprogramming that precedes the systemic lethal spread. The identification of new promising therapeutic targets will favour the development of effective novel therapies to avoid tumour progression and metastatic dissemination.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Hold a higher education degree that makes them eligible to enrol in a doctoral programme.
- Have resided in Spain for less than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Desired candidate profile:
- Student in Life Sciences or Biomedicine
- Techniques/skills: cell culturing, molecular biology, biochemistry and biocomputational tools
Should you be interested in applying to this offer, do not hesitate to contact IBIMA’s International Projects Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be happy to help.